GDT: Avalanche @ Sabres Sunday Oct 29th- 1pm

Shoot da Puck

I was unable to watch the game but I followed the score on my phone. Too bad I missed this big win.

What I didn’t miss was the negativity on this board, it’s so much better when they win. I want them to win as much as other fans but I try to have the marathon vs sprint mentality and try not to get too high or too low to regulate my blood pressure.

I watched the highlight video, the post game interviews and read this GDT before posting.

They beat a good team, at home. They finally played like we expected them to. UPL and Bryson were not train wrecks.

As DG said, confidence is extremely important in this league, and they should be able to build on this.

EJ speaks like a captain I would go through a wall for. I love KO the man, teaching the young guys how to be good people and pros but EJ’s leadership has come at the right time. He knows better than anyone what the Avs can do and to have Sabres give it to them shows what they can do. This guy is a winner, a grinder and he speaks his mind.

Maybe the Avs played like the Sabres did vs Montreal but who cares, the Sabres played great and would have beaten them anyway.

I’m happy for UPL and I hope he finds the consistency he needs. It will take more of this for me to trust him but this is a step in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

EJ speaks like a captain I would go through a wall for. I love KO the man, teaching the young guys how to be good people and pros but EJ’s leadership has come at the right time.

They tried this when Eichel was here with Gionta (=Okie) and Gorges (=EJ), but... it wasn't the right time.  The culture was so fractured then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

My guess? The Avs, who have been traveling, and lost two straight games where they were shut out, picked up a flu virus in an airport or something and the whole team is sick. 

One thing I hate about flying is I always seems to catch some cold or flu in airports. Maybe the Avs did. 

Or not 

Agreed. This is the only explanation. I think it kicked in about seven minutes into the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

My guess? The Avs, who have been traveling, and lost two straight games where they were shut out, picked up a flu virus in an airport or something and the whole team is sick. 

One thing I hate about flying is I always seems to catch some cold or flu in airports. Maybe the Avs did. 

Or not 

There is a regimen I do leading up to flying and while I’m on vacation that almost always helps with not catching a cold or sickness while on vacation/traveling. If interested PM me.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

12-1

And of course the 1 is the game I went to. I didn't even know when I got the tickets it would be a goat head game. When I found out I figured I was in for a good game. Instead I got a building full of Rags fans, and a lot of disappointment.

This year's game is not a Goat head game, so I can't jinx the streak again..

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

They tried this when Eichel was here with Gionta (=Okie) and Gorges (=EJ), but... it wasn't the right time.  The culture was so fractured then.

When the student is ready, the teacher emerges. 

Translation: Eichel and his cohorts did not want to be led  

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

When the student is ready, the teacher emerges. 

Translation: Eichel and his cohorts did not want to be led  

Correct.  That was my point.

Instead of following the leaders brought in, they hung out with the bad influences (Bogo, Kane).  Kevyn appreciates character and its affect on a young cohort of players better than XGMTM or JBot did.  They just didn't "get" locker room dynamics.

Just now, Doohickie said:

Correct.  That was my point.

Instead of following the leaders brought in, they hung out with the bad influences (Bogo, Kane).  Kevyn appreciates character and its affect on a young cohort of players better than XGMTM or JBot did.  They just didn't "get" locker room dynamics.

Tim Murray was a disaster and he did not understand a lot.  I think he works at the new Chick' Filet in Ottawa now.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Tim Murray was a disaster and he did not understand a lot.  I think he works at the new Chick' Filet in Ottawa now.  

On the topic of Tim Murray… My source isn’t privy to this info but is asking around…

Someone who has better resources and sources than you or I … 

Can someone post what Tim Murray is doing now? Honest question. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.