GDT: Avalanche @ Sabres Sunday Oct 29th- 1pm

Shoot da Puck

3 hours ago, Skooby said:

There needs to be a written explanation as to why these aren’t our full-time colors, we really perform well in them & I think it’s because of the contrast coloring on the ice.

Mostly because people cried and complained about the navy blue and wanted royal blue, but as soon as they got it, they now want black and red.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

My guess? The Avs, who have been traveling, and lost two straight games where they were shut out, picked up a flu virus in an airport or something and the whole team is sick. 

One thing I hate about flying is I always seems to catch some cold or flu in airports. Maybe the Avs did. 

Or not 

Don't they fly charter?

• Like (+1) 2

Have to say, this was a fun game to watch. One of the best games this team played in a long long time. Pretty much domination starting after a few mins in until the very end. Now they are showing they can hang with the best teams in the league, but they need to bring this every game. Johnson has been one of the best signings in a long time as well. His leadership is willing defense into every player and he makes our PK a ton better. Nice to see the team respond and i hope it continues

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yea that was easily gotten low hanging fruit info from Wikipedia.  Hopefully someone can share accurate timely info as to what if anything he’s doing now. 

I googled and nothing came up. Apparently he collected his paycheck from Terry until June 2020. His Elite Hockey bio ends at 2017.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/on-his-last-day-on-the-sabres-payroll-memories-of-gm-tim-murray/article_af75efa2-baf1-11ea-b65a-bb06cbd8d8ad.html

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

But it only takes one person on an airplane to spread to more 

True, but the odds are significantly lower. Especially when said group are more or less staying together.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mostly because people cried and complained about the navy blue and wanted royal blue, but as soon as they got it, they now want black and red.

All things being equal, I like them using the original logo and colors, with the Red & Black and special occasion type thing. Maybe we can get them all goat head t-shirts to wear the rest of the games?

I just want them to win all the games. For whatever reason they do that more in the goat heads. I'd request putting them out there in purple polka dots if I thought it would help them win.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I googled and nothing came up. Apparently he collected his paycheck from Terry until June 2020. His Elite Hockey bio ends at 2017.

Yes, that was the low hanging fruit I was referring to. Just googling it. again hopefully someone can have some deeper resources and sources than I have and find out what exactly he’s doing. I mean… He is a millionaire now so maybe he’s doing nothing 😂

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yes, that was the low hanging fruit I was referring to. Just googling it. again hopefully someone can have some deeper resources and sources than I have and find out what exactly he’s doing. I mean… He is a millionaire now so maybe he’s doing nothing 😂

My guess is just hanging around his hometown of Shawville Quebec. Didn’t he raise horses? 

My brother in law dated TM’s sister 45 years ago but I don’t think I can go that route to find information.

16 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Did we piss in the collective referee cereal bowl this year or something; we are being absolutely destroyed by penalties this year. Thank God, our PK is much better this season

Three of the six penalties against were not, in my opinion, penalties:  The two on Greenway were cases of players going in opposite directions bumping skates and Greenway was heavier on his skates, and the one on Benson near the blue line was a phantom call; he barely touched the guy and again it was incidental anyway.

26 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

All things being equal, I like them using the original logo and colors, with the Red & Black and special occasion type thing. Maybe we can get them all goat head t-shirts to wear the rest of the games?

Not sure it would fit in with NHL guidelines, but I personally would not be averse to having the blue & gold away whites and black and red home goatheads on a permanent basis.  As an old dude I have a fondness for the classic blue and gold but I think the black jerseys with red trim do make them look more intimidating.

For me, I first got into the Sabres as a kid when they were in the black & red. So I have a fondness for those colors and the goat. However I think the original color and logo is iconic and what the team should be using. 

And I'm sure the NHL wouldn't allow them to do 2 completely different uniforms full time like that. They won't let teams wear 3rd jerseys on the road either. My guess is the team is at the boundary of what the league allows because they use it as a promotion to try to get more butts in the seats.

It also shouldn't be necessary to swap like that. But it does seem to fire this team up. I was half-joking about them wearing goat head shirts, but hockey players (all athletes) tend to be a superstitious bunch. So much of it is the metal game. If somehow that gets the team in the right head space, so be it.

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Are those virus free? 

They fly chartered flights.  Most airports have small satellite terminals for chartered flights.  You do not go through main airport terminals and do not check in with the masses or stand around at airport gates waiting.  Therefore, you are exposed to way less people.  

It is all about odds, and yes, it only takes one sick person .... what is your point anyway?  

Edited by Pimlach

• SDS unpinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The thing is... depending on how he is with his personal finances he may never have to work again.

Exactly. He made more in his stint with the Sabres than I'll likely make in my lifetime. As long as he's smart about it, he can do whatever he wants. I logged into Golf Social Media (LinkedIn) and he didn't turn up, but then again neither does Adams. I guess for the Hockey Industry, you know everyone already so posting about synergy and best-of-breed processes isn't really required.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.