Sabrespacers Goal Songs

Taro T

The thread about what ACTUAL Sabres should use for goal songs got this kid thinking.  What should / would individual Sabrespacers use for their "goal" song after that brilliant post that just locks up all the thumbs up or green check marks or whatever.

While most would likely suggest that Taro T should go with the Vapors Turning Japanese

would actually run with either The Men's Church of Logic Sin and Love

or if that is too obscure would go with the Kings This Beat Goes On

Any thoughts on what you'd choose or what others should choose.

Personally, would like to see PA run with this one:

• Like (+1) 2

It's not a short sound bite, but it's an epic emotional masterpiece & I'm going to go big or go home with this:

(I listened to it before every swim meet to get totally focused and psyched up - I went undefeated my senior year, so it must have worked) 

Edited by Jävə Keith
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I love this song, but it is even more amazing how they recorded this....in an empty stadium (save for the everyday workers working there) and in the snow and cold.  Even though it is not in a hockey arena, it has hockey season vibes.  I appreciate all the common people on this board and our sometime ridiculous thoughts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Since it's supposed to be a snippet of a song and there's no way I'm going to compete with whatever Jeff Skinner chooses... I have to go with one of these riffs (should be queued):

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

I need to choose something Scottish

I am disappointed by the lack of bagpipes, but the only song with bagpipes in it that I can think of without google is Sgt MacKenzie from We Were Soldiers and I'm not sure that's really a good hype song...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Since it's supposed to be a snippet of a song and there's no way I'm going to compete with whatever Jeff Skinner chooses... I have to go with one of these riffs (should be queued):

I am disappointed by the lack of bagpipes, but the only song with bagpipes in it that I can think of without google is Sgt MacKenzie from We Were Soldiers and I'm not sure that's really a good hype song...

Not bagpipes, but Big Country's In a Big Country has the bagpipe sounding guitars.  Does that count?

• Like (+1) 4

While not voting for my own song which is the far and away winner, two stand out as the 2nd best picks so far.

Dookie's "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"... especially the opening riff would be awesome and just begs for some hockey stick goal celly guitar.

Broken Ankles "Sabotage" says LETS ROCK!

Blitzkrieg Bop and The King's are also acceptable choices, both with fun riffs.

The rest of the choices... Including some songs I REALLY like (looking at you Spirit of Radio) can languish in goal song HELL!

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.