2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Scoring. Points scoring ya. 26, led the playoffs 

Goal

A goal is awarded to the last player on the scoring Club to touch the puck prior to the puck entering the net.

Assist

An assist is awarded to the player or players (maximum of two) who touched the puck prior to the goal, provided no defender plays or possesses the puck in between.

Person that scores is the one who was awarded the GOAL (scoring = Goal)

https://www.nhl.com/info/go-figure

Just got back from the game. T mobile was electric tonight! Now you see what I was telling you guys about what this team means to this city! Outside of T Mobile was over 20,000 people. This town loves the Golden Knights. It’s been this way since Foley got this expansion team. They are gonna need to build more rinks because there won’t be enough ice slots available for all the kids getting into it. What’s crazy is a lot of adults that knew nothing about hockey are getting into it as well. Now that Vegas won the Cup, it’s time for the Sabres to do it that way I can die in peace. Let’s go Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I hope we get to open the season at home against Vegas. That would be fun

I hope we get to end the season at home, in June, against Vegas. That would be fun. 

3 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Just got back from the game. T mobile was electric tonight! Now you see what I was telling you guys about what this team means to this city! Outside of T Mobile was over 20,000 people. This town loves the Golden Knights. It’s been this way since Foley got this expansion team. They are gonna need to build more rinks because there won’t be enough ice slots available for all the kids getting into it. What’s crazy is a lot of adults that knew nothing about hockey are getting into it as well. Now that Vegas won the Cup, it’s time for the Sabres to do it that way I can die in peace. Let’s go Buffalo. 

Yea... cuz they are winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Off to Banff in a few minutes, had to drive to Toronto last night and wake up at 5am, so no watching the last game (what a shame) I did check the score and it appears that I did not miss that much at all. 

Vegas throttled Florida and it wasn't particularly close. I long for the days we fill the plaza again. 

• Like (+1) 1

I turned it off before the Eichel interview.  

Vegas success started at the top with the ownership, hiring great hockey management, taking full advantage of the expansion draft, excellent coaching hires, and creating a place that players want to go to.  

• Like (+1) 1

Another example of a different way to build a winner.

Vegas had a lot of guys with Cup experience. Tampa and Colorado had 1 or 2 but were mostly homegrown cores with some trades for grit, depth.

Pietrangelo, Martinez, Stephenson, Kessel, Barbashev, Quick and McNabb provided tons of experience and knowledge in how to get it done.

Vegas has a short history so the draft was not their chosen route, Hague being their only pick on the roster.

Vegas was always going to be a popular destination for players and now they have a winning organization to add to the attraction. The way they cast aside Fleury and Pacioretty seemed cold but no one seems to bring that up now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.