GDT: Rangers at Sabres-03-31 7:00PM Levi debuts

MattPie

42 minutes ago, Quint said:

I heard one of the Ranger fans call him Dominik Levi. I like that...Dominik Levi.

No, no, no. 

Let this kid be his own player. 

Nobody was like “oh, that’s Patrick Hasek” because Hasek had the talent and freedom to be better than Roy. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

The Sabres store sold out of Levi jerseys  half way through the second period! 😂 so great. Lol. 

Like this kid. Gonna have to weather some storms. But the talent is there for sure. 

What a headspace to occupy for a goalie. "I learned tonight the NHL is hockey. It's been my dream to be challenged by the best."

What did you think when Panarin got the puck in the slot? "Oh, I loved it!"

"I was hoping for some one timers on the power play!"

I'll admit. I laughed out loud.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

Dan's growing on me, but "tic-tac-Peterka"?  No.  Let's not.

See, I liked that one. Will have to listen again, but "One way Buffalo street" on GW's goal I thought was quite clever.

9 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

But there shouldn't have even been a PP - that  was not possession before Power was about to bury it. Brutal call

He propelled the puck with his stick. You can't ask for much more.

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Greenway gives me nothing. 

He doesn't even use both hands.

9 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Haven't we seen Sabre players do pretty well when their mothers were in the stands?  Can't remember the last time, but it seems to work

Mrs. Barnaby Mothers Day 1998.

8 hours ago, In The Buff said:

image.thumb.png.0a183fd19a70c32b43741447669ed491.png

I like these screen grabs.

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

That was stick to stick.  Called right for a change.  Against us. 

Gotta hand it to the ref. Call what you see.

Great thread gents (and maybe a lady or two)!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What a great debut! Can't help but wonder why the goalie coach (whoever that is) has not worked on UPL's positioning and more importantly his rebound contrrol (or lack thereof). Levi does not allow those nasty rebounds that we see UPL allowing over and over. Levi played lots in college and should be up to play the last remaining games? What do we have to lose? On to Philly 

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Dumb goal maybe, but his body positioning was perfect and he drove the net with his physicality. Something woefully missing on this team. 

And then vanished again. That was just about his only play of note. 

He's going to need to work on his speed in short areas to really help this team. 

37 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Levi doesn’t even need the goatheads.

A Goat doesn't need to wear itself. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Quinn And JJ look like they are ready to explode. So many chances. 

Next year will be interesting. Quinn did everything but score last night. JJP was a menace. Cozens wanted to eat Rangers. I can't even fathom that line with another offseason of training. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Next year will be interesting. Quinn did everything but score last night. JJP was a menace. Cozens wanted to eat Rangers. I can't even fathom that line with another offseason of training. 

I can't wait for that 3rd line of savoie / Östlund / kulich 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

If Krueger were still here Levi would be sitting on the end of the bench with Skinner. 

If Krueger were still here, Levi would not even be in the organization.  Botterill might still be GM and he would have made sure his draft pick Portilllo would be the goalie of our future.

God help us if they were still here and I'm grateful that neither Botterill or Krueger are GONE

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

If Krueger were still here, Levi would not even be in the organization.  Botterill might still be GM and he would have made sure his draft pick Portilllo would be the goalie of our future.

God help us if they were still here and I'm grateful that neither Botterill or Krueger are GONE

Levi was named to the Canadian Olympic team along with Owen Power last year. Dinosaur coach Claude Julien did not even give him one game.

May have made a difference but we will never know.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Pegula has made a lot of mistakes during his tenure. However, the hiring of KA has turned out to be his best decision that has consequentially reverberated throughout the organization. The new GM got permission to fire Krueger whose team quit on him. The best decision the new GM made was elevating Granato to temporary HC, and then giving him a permanent designation. That's when the turnaround started. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great game. What a refreshing sight to see what a real goalie looks like. Not one soft goal was let in. Kept the team in it with just two goals allowed.  Any of our other goalies and we lose this 4-2. I will also give credit to the team for playing good defense in front of Levi 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

The Sabres store sold out of Levi jerseys  half way through the second period! 😂 so great. Lol. 

Like this kid. Gonna have to weather some storms. But the talent is there for sure. 

NHL teams on our schedule are frantically pouring over that video hoping to find a flaw in Levi's game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.