GDT: Rangers at Sabres-03-31 7:00PM Levi debuts

MattPie

• MattPie changed the title to GDT: Sabres Host Rags for the Devon Levi Goaltending Spectacular, 2023-03-31 7:00PM EDT; NHLN, SN, MSG-B, MSGSN, ESPN+, SNNOW

Levi’s preparation yesterday included watching every Ranger shot attempt in 22/23 on his virtual reality set, secret video of Shesterkin shutting his teammates down in practice, burning some old rags his parents brought with them and then falling asleep to the soothing sounds of a brick wall being built.

Devon Levi will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With Levi between the pipes, I see his team play a tighter and more defensive focused style of play in front of him. In my opinion, I thought the Sabres played one of their best two-way games in a recent OT loss to the Rangers at home. 

Not too long ago, the Sabres were one of the most irrelevant franchises in the league. It won't be much of a surprise if the hockey analysts and commentators will be focusing on this game because of our intriguing prospect. How things have changed!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Will be interesting to see how Levi adapts to the speed, which is the only real concern I have. His game depends on puck tracking and reaction to those plays. 

It will be interesting to see if the Sabres play good two-way hockey in front of him.  They need to play like they did against the Rangers and Isles , only score a few more goals.  Can’t wait to see this game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Will be interesting to see how Levi adapts to the speed, which is the only real concern I have. His game depends on puck tracking and reaction to those plays. 

Have you seen them boys from BU skate?

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

With Levi between the pipes, I see his team play a tighter and more defensive focused style of play in front of him. In my opinion, I thought the Sabres played one of their best two-way games in a recent OT loss to the Rangers at home. 

Not too long ago, the Sabres were one of the most irrelevant franchises in the league. It won't be much of a surprise if the hockey analysts and commentators will be focusing on this game because of our intriguing prospect. How things have changed!

Eichel. Narrator: They're still (almost entirely) irrelevant.

As long as I'm gettin my grump in: the thread title... Is that what this game is? The Levi spectacular? Not a must win to stay in the hunt?

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As long as I'm gettin my grump in: the thread title... Is that what this game is? The Levi spectacular? Not a must win to stay in the hunt?

Hey, it's been a *very* long time since I started one of these. I'm surprised I got the right info. 🙂 Besides, every game is must-win, putting it in the title is redundant.

43 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hopes are extremely high.  I would prefer he played a few games in Rochester first, but the circumstances are what they are.  

These games will help Levi gain experience & an understanding of the league. He is centered & mature enough to develop at appropriate levels. He has stayed back a few times for his development. 

Looking forward to seeing him & team in front of him. 

Greenway, TNT, & Muel are all progressing - game time decisions…..

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

These games will help Levi gain experience & an understanding of the league. He is centered & mature enough to develop at appropriate levels. He has stayed back a few times for his development. 

Looking forward to seeing him & team in front of him. 

Greenway, TNT, & Muel are all progressing - game time decisions…..

These are also games that we should be trying to win to make the playoffs.  The focus should remain playoffs and TEAM PLAY.  

The goaltending on this team is so poor that it makes his NHL debut tonight possible.  We have Comrie coming off a few good games so he should be ready for tomorrow I assume? 

I’m rooting for Levi, wish him the best, excited to see him play,  but not liking the situation at all.  

I will hate seeing and hearing 8,000 Ranger fans in our building too -  hopefully that is not the case but UB is full of New Yorkers.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Have you seen them boys from BU skate?

Eichel. Narrator: They're still (almost entirely) irrelevant.

Must Whine 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

These are also games that we should be trying to win to make the playoffs.  The focus should remain playoffs and TEAM PLAY.  

The goaltending on this team is so poor that it makes his NHL debut tonight possible.  We have Comrie coming off a few good games so he should be ready for tomorrow I assume? 

I’m rooting for Levi, wish him the best, excited to see him play,  but not liking the situation at all.  

I will hate seeing and hearing 8,000 Ranger fans in our building too -  hopefully that is not the case but UB is full of New Yorkers.  

Who's stopping local fans from buying tickets?

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

7gkfp7.thumb.jpg.c39ed581fa834c86b202a6cf156a45fe.jpgof

Enjoy it while it lasts. These are the days you'll look back on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.