GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins 3/2/2023 MSG 7 PM

bob_sauve28

Here are more notes from Wednesday's practice at KeyBank Center.

1. Granato said he does not expect Dahlin to play at home against Tampa Bay on Saturday in addition to missing Thursday's game in Boston. 

"I don't want to rush him back with the type of issue he's dealing with," Granato said. "So, I don't expect him back Saturday, but I don't have any feedback on (Dahlin's skate) this morning yet."

2. Stillman was greeted by familiar faces upon his arrival in Buffalo. His father, Cory, was a longtime NHL forward who won his second Stanley Cup alongside Sabres general manager Kevyn Adams as members of the Carolina Hurricanes in 2006, when Riley was 8 years old. 

"We talked today, actually, some old memories of when I was kind of buzzing around the room as a kid folding towels and hanging out with the trainers and doing all that stuff and picking his brain," Stillman said. 

Cory Stillman was also teammates with Jeff Skinner during Skinner's rookie season in 2010-11.

3. The Sabres visit the Bruins at 7 p.m. on Thursday. Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-riley-stillman-press-conference/c-341688622

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

My goodness how things have changed in the last 5 days with playoff hopes. Scoreboard has been cruel, players injured, no trades and teams around them all got better. 

I will hope for the best but all of a sudden, playoffs seem like a distant memory.

Were we eliminated overnight or something?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

that's not what he said. He said things have changed.

We're just going to have to suck it up and play harder.

I'm watching prices on the resale market waiting to see if a single seat gets drastically discounted around 4-5pm. Prices for this game were close to $200 a few weeks ago. But as of now you can find singles for under $90. (Not including stupid fees of course.)

30 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

My goodness how things have changed in the last 5 days with playoff hopes. Scoreboard has been cruel, players injured, no trades and teams around them all got better. 

I will hope for the best but all of a sudden, playoffs seem like a distant memory.

To the team the changes are less than to the fans.  

We are still neck and neck in a showdown with 7 teams.  We still have games in hand. We are still without Dahlin and Tuch. We still don’t have #1 goalie.  

• Agree 1

"Great playoff race moments are born from succeeding with great opportunity, and that's what have here tonight, fans. That's what your Sabres have earned here tonight. One game; if we played them 1000 times, they might win 9000. But not this game, not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight we stay with them, and we shut them down because Stillman is in the line up. Tonight, we are the greatest wild card chasing hockey team in the league . You were born to be on the outside looking in -- every one of you, and you were meant to be here tonight because of the schedule. This is your time. Their time is, not quite done, but shorter today than it was yesterday. It's almost over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Bruins have. Screw 'em. This is your time to break Marchands face. Now go out there and try to win while head hunting!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Hamilton thinks UPL will get the start in goal tonight. 

Would be very surprised if he doesn't.  Granato seems to give goalies that got wins against a team once the next game against that same team.  UPL was in net on New Year's Eve.

The only fly in the ointment is who does Adams send down to Ra-cha-cha to make room for Stillman?  Maybe that's why management is saying Dahlin won't be available Saturday - could see him going to IR to keep both UPL and Peterka in the lineup.

Really unhappy that Comrie didnt get the BJ's start.  This game should've been Anderson's but it can't be now.

3 minutes ago, Quint said:

Bruins just picked up Bertuzzi from Detroit for two picks. Wonder if he'll play. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35767761/bruins-acquire-todd-bertuzzi-red-wings-2-picks

Taylor Hall is seeking a second opinion on a LBI so he might be out for awhile...Wonder if they'll play Stillman.

Stillman is a guy you'd want for a match up like this 

Hopefully he plays 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.