Jake McCabe Traded to Toronto

Brawndo

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Don't worry Jake you'll be playing golf in no time 1st round exit

Careful with these. We've long lambasted the Leafs on being all-offence, no-defence, but the current Sabres are 110% that if they make the playoffs. I don't see the Sabres getting out of first round with the tighter play either.

1 minute ago, MattPie said:

Careful with these. We've long lambasted the Leafs on being all-offence, no-defence, but the current Sabres are 110% that if they make the playoffs. I don't see the Sabres getting out of first round with the tighter play either.

Harsh but fair.

10 minutes ago, MattPie said:

All we have to do is out Score the opponents by 5 ..

I like our odds

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Dubas all in, mortgaging the future for this year’s run.

Please fall on your faces in the first round, again.

That's what we're all rooting for of course, but I'd even settle for a second-round loss considering how much they've given up.

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I agree that the time value of picks means this is less valuable than a 2023 #1, but it's still a high price for 2 lower-level players.

Chicago is retaining 50% of McCabe’s Deal 

LeBrun reported that Chicago wanted a first for retention 

Edited by Brawndo

I'm going to both agree with this move and criticize it at the same time.

If I'm Toronto I do what they are doing. I go all in. This group isn't going to get any better form within, so you do what you need to do to make a run.

So what is my criticism? They should have gone 'all in' last year or the year before at least.  You are going to have the same problem this year as you did last year. You're probably going to have to beat the Lightning in a 7 game series, then Boston in a 7 game series, then someone like Carolina in a 7 game series.  You are mortgaging the future for this core. And yes, you SHOULD mortgage the future for this core but it should have been done a year or two ago.  To my knowledge in the next 3 years the Leafs now have a total of 1 first round pick and zero second round picks.

8 minutes ago, MattPie said:

That's what we're all rooting for of course, but I'd even settle for a second-round loss considering how much they've given up.

A second round loss is likely a loss to Boston, meaning the Bruins move on.

You have to pick one or other, but from a Buffalo fan's point of view, is Boston that much better than Toronto?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.