GDT: Calgary @ Buffalo. 12.30pm. MSG B, ESPN+

steveoath

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I blame @PASabreFan

I believe he did post 4 - 7, and while not precise, with a score like that, close is good enough.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

The youngest team in the league isn't consistent you say?

Youth has very little to do with there "consistent" home games performance, as their road record indicates.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

The youngest team in the league isn't consistent you say?

I'm saying the youngest team in the league needs to develop accountability.  That means not blowing off terrible performances with bull#### excuses like, we're the youngest team in the league.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

I'm saying the youngest team in the league needs to develop accountability.  That means not blowing off terrible performances with bull#### excuses like, we're the youngest team in the league.

Cool hook em

Just now, Zamboni said:

My wife and I went to this one. Ugh. That was ugly. 

I almost never leave early at a game… Today I left early. 

it’s been a while since they played that flat.

I left early too

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I believe he did post 4 - 7, and while not precise, with a score like that, close is good enough.

Youth has very little to do with there "consistent" home games performance, as their road record indicates.

... I'll agree to disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Let’s wait to hear DGs post game comments… He will rationalize as usual after a bad effort… but he cannot signal this was acceptable after the last loss, after a week off, after a couple practices, and in front of a full house on home ice… 

Considering all pro sports are rigged like pro wrestling now that sports betting is legal............. this game makes sense

I saw alot of comments elsewhere questioning how the Flames could be the favorite in this game, seeing the spread have the Sabres at +1.5 many said this was an easy bet. Las Vegas saw this, and decided to make some calls as revenge for the Eichel deal........

It all makes sense now

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Two awful efforts in a row at home. They play much better in the road. 

They aren’t sniffing the playoffs til they commit to some type of consistent defensive system.

Their defensive system is ***** brutal. Like I have said in previous posts not really sure Granato is the right guy to get these guys to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, nucci said:

and a 30 second timeout will do that?

The timeout narrative is meaningless. They were simply mentally unprepared. Calgary only dominated on the scoreboard; at any moment the Sabres could have snapped out of their daze and taken control but they didn't. It didn't help that they got two easy goals in the first which I think sealed their fate in the end.

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Of course it does. On the road it's all business: nothing to think about but hockey. At home they're...at home...with all of the trappings at home. Being a young team means they haven't yet learned how to manage their focus which is something that only experience teaches. This would be true of any group of young people, not just hockey players.

• Like (+1) 3

Well we skate around a lot and are pretty fast doing it so that can be fun to watch. All we need to do now is learn how to play hockey and we're all set!!!!

Rough day for Power. Rough day for all of the D really but I do wonder if Power's hitting that first season rookie wall that lots of them hit. Could be a rough end of the season. UPL brilliant one moment garbage the next as usual for a rookie goalie we are pushing with too much too soon. 

The only good thing is although we all hated the break, it seems to have given Tage the time he needed to heal whatever bruises or pulls he was dealing with. Top form today, but with the usual flaws to go with his strengths. 

Kiss the playoff dream goodbye. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

They ended the break like they started, by getting spanked badly. Those two games shows the major flaws in this team, defense. When you don’t have an elite goalie who can stand on his head  game after game this is what happens. Great teams have learned that all they have to do is shut down the Sabres aggressive offense. The game is won at that point.  IF they make it to the playoffs they will lose in 4 and probably by large margins. 

It really is befuddling in regards to how awful they play defense

I seem to recall the Winnipeg game not too long ago where the Sabres won and the defense was phenomenal. Doesn't make sense. Defense is effort. Should be more simple than scoring 5 goals per game 

UPL hung out to dry game after game after game after game...

Could UPL be better? Yes. Is it entirely his fault, ever? Resounding no 

Good news, if any, is that even though this recent stretch has been difficult to watch, the Sabres are still not below .500 

Time to get up and go. Final push. Still have games in hand on a few of these teams 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.