GDT: Calgary @ Buffalo. 12.30pm. MSG B, ESPN+

steveoath

58 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I can't practically scroll through the whole thread--did Granato ever give a reason for leaving UPL in the game?  

Not that I heard.   

After the first two Calgary goals in the 2nd period I was pleading for DG to call time out and try to reset them.  Then UPL lets in a cheesy one and he seemed to deflate as did the rest of them.   I was there and watching the entire rink, they we literally standing around and watching.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Not that I heard.   

After the first two Calgary goals in the 2nd period I was pleading for DG to call time out and try to reset them.  Then UPL lets in a cheesy one and he seemed to deflate as did the rest of them.   I was there and watching the entire rink, they we literally standing around and watching.  

Haven’t you heard? Taking a timeout never works, so taking one when your team gives up three quick goals, is useless.

In fact, they should remove the timeout entirely. Perhaps the coaches too.

That is, if you believe some people here…

As I stated earlier it is somewhat common for teams (especially young teams) to try too hard at home and not play as well as on the road. Case-in-point was the Leafs beat Columbus rather easily Friday night on the road yet serve up a stinker at home last night and lose 4-3. It was stated that BlueJackets simply outworked the Leafs...clearly the jackets are a mess and far worse then Calgary (who are not all that great either) and the Leafs like the Sabres feel pressure to put on a big show at home. With time the Sabres will slowly learn to relax and play their game at home just as they play on the road (where they are very good)...

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

I can't practically scroll through the whole thread--did Granato ever give a reason for leaving UPL in the game?  

Not that I know of, but for the record he's not an NHL coach. Like the others who have won jack squat in the NHL, he is golden.

There's my Valentine for ya. You don't even have to say anything. I can hear you.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:43 PM, Thorny said:

Lol blast from the past Sabres collapse  

Gotta pull UPL

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

He doesn’t read sabrespace during the games  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

for the record he's not an NHL coach

Why do you lead with something so demonstrably false?  He is an NHL coach.  It is a fact.  Whether you or I or the next person thinks he SHOULD be is a matter of opinion.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.