GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7 pm 12/29/22 TV: MSG and Radio: WGR55

bob_sauve28

There are two things I am still trying to figure out from this game...

First, how JJP gets called for embellishment when he is literally hooked to the ice.

Second, how Dylan Larkin, the Captain of his team and one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, basically comes to a stop retrieving the puck and allows Girgensons to blow by him to set up Okposo for the ENG.

That's not a good look from your "C".  No way he did not know Girgensons was coming.. no way.

Overall a good game.. same problems although I'm hard pressed to pin much on UPL tonight. The first Kubalik goal was a great pass and bad defense. The second goal was much like Mitts, a bounce to the stick and the third goal well.. watch all 5 Sabres staring at the scrum and how fast it ends up on the far side of hte rink for a goal. UPL probably should have had that.. but better defense in front of him would help.

Oh well.. Saturday will be tough. Bruins are.. insane.

The Sabres are fun. They’re still not a complete package. Really enjoying how well Jost plays both ends of the ice. 

Crazy how that was only a waiver claim. Such a small addition but a big add to the lineup. 

On a day twitter had some banter about defensemen bc Pilut was waived, I thought Bryson was poor. First Wings goal I’m not exactly sure what he was doing on that play. 

Don’t know how long this will be sustainable for but if the Sabres play with this energy, pace and chip on their shoulder (some feistiness from JJP, Cozens and Dahlin tonight) they can compete with any team in this league if goaltending holds up. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Question:  Was this Casey Mittelstadt's best game this year?

Not just the goals, but he didn't make me wince once tonight.  Seemed like he kept making the right play.  Is there hope for him?

How many times have we been here with Mitts? It is just as likely he disappears for several games rather than build on a good performance. Because we have been here so many times with Mitts.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

There are two things I am still trying to figure out from this game...

First, how JJP gets called for embellishment when he is literally hooked to the ice.

Second, how Dylan Larkin, the Captain of his team and one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, basically comes to a stop retrieving the puck and allows Girgensons to blow by him to set up Okposo for the ENG.

That's not a good look from your "C".  No way he did not know Girgensons was coming.. no way.

Overall a good game.. same problems although I'm hard pressed to pin much on UPL tonight. The first Kubalik goal was a great pass and bad defense. The second goal was much like Mitts, a bounce to the stick and the third goal well.. watch all 5 Sabres staring at the scrum and how fast it ends up on the far side of hte rink for a goal. UPL probably should have had that.. but better defense in front of him would help.

Oh well.. Saturday will be tough. Bruins are.. insane.

According to Redmond and the other fella Larkin thought it was an icing ?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.