GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7 pm 12/29/22 TV: MSG and Radio: WGR55

bob_sauve28

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Harrington’s report from the game indicates that Granato gave an empassioned pregame speech that the arena production people then rebroadcast via the jumbotron.

Anyone have a link? Sorry if it was posted upthread and I missed it.

4 hours ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Besides that, I miss @Doohickie score postings for Bjork immensely.

Skoren de goalen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Looking forward to the Bruins game tomorrow.  It should be a good measuring stick.  I can't tell if I'm just seeing the Sabres through my rose colored lenses, but I think they have a good shot to come away with a point in Boston.  They played them tough last go around, would be nice to see them come away with some points and vindicate what everyone has been thinking about their improved play. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I think the theory here is you do NOT want to play Buffalo after a disaster, whether snow or plane or whatever.

Lets get it back to this:   You DO NOT want to play in Buffalo's house because it is going to be an "L" for you.   Our team is getting good.  There will be more fans coming much more regularly.  

The Sabre need less than 1/3 the number of people that go to the Bills football games to fill the house.  There should be people dying to get tickets, and there will be soon.   Get Bills Mafia energy at Sabres games every night.  That is worth a bunch more wins.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

Looking forward to the Bruins game tomorrow.  It should be a good measuring stick.  I can't tell if I'm just seeing the Sabres through my rose colored lenses, but I think they have a good shot to come away with a point in Boston.  They played them tough last go around, would be nice to see them come away with some points and vindicate what everyone has been thinking about their improved play. 

Yes.  This is an important game for them.  They are not going to catch Boston, but they need a "statement win".   Boston is a division rival that has had it way with us for much too long.   Win in their house and it will means something to the collective psyche of this group.  

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

For those who attended:  how was the crowd?  It sure seemed loud and festive on TV.

I was there and yeah it was a great time. Very festive. What sucks for this team is they don't get to experience that too often and the game before the Christmas break (night 1 of the storm) was also going to be a sold out arena vs Tampa. If not for this massive storm we would've gotten this type of crowd back to back home games. Next one will probably be Ryan Miller night.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Two or less said:

I was there and yeah it was a great time. Very festive. What sucks for this team is they don't get to experience that too often and the game before the Christmas break (night 1 of the storm) was also going to be a sold out arena vs Tampa. If not for this massive storm we would've gotten this type of crowd back to back home games. Next one will probably be Ryan Miller night.

Ryan Miller night will a big deal for the fans.  It will sell out.   My daughter is flying in from out of town to see her "favorite Sabre".  

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

And Muel wasn’t dressed for the last Bruins game nor had the Cozens line come alive. The Sabres are ready. Perhaps not enough games or practices recently to keep the PP and random game situations fresh, but perhaps the break simply allowed Power and Boushh to refresh and that will be its own boost to the team and season. 

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Doubt he expects Chychrun would play in place of either, but at what he'd cost to bring in they'd have to be expecting to play him ~20 minutes/night IF he were brought in.  8 of those minutes would be coming at somebody's expense besides Bryson when all are healthy.

Maybe I read the posters comment wrong, but he questioned if Adams, not Granato, would sit either Dahlin or Power, which implies benching, not just knocking a couple minutes off.  It's an odd comment.

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

I think that this will come.  They (Cousins, Power, etc.) need to fill out their frames with some muscle mass, like Dahlin has done.  They're still so young and they need time.

Agreed completely. Just want them to focus on that in the off-season. That can really change the equation as the raw talents are there, imo

On 12/30/2022 at 1:57 AM, bunomatic said:

According to Redmond and the other fella Larkin thought it was an icing ?

That would fit. I would swivel to the old "play until the whistle" adage.  To me, bottom line, Larkin has to get that puck.  Either way... the Sabres leadership certainly played it harder than the Red Wings.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.