GDT:Sabres at Calgary Flames 10/20/22 9:30pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Remember when Kevin Devine orchestrated a draft where the Sabres took both Ristolainen (sp) and Zadorov? Devine must have had zero radar for - or given zero effs about - hockey IQ.

I wish I could find that clip of Devine asking Terry if he wanted to get harder to play against before the team took the sliding Zadorov. It does not appear to be in the official Blue and Gold video about the 2013 draft.

You are misremembering. It was Darcy that asked Terry if he wants to get tougher to play against. 

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I only caught the first but there was about maybe a five minutes period during the SN broadcast where the announcer feed cut out and it was just rink sound. Would be great to have that as a broadcast option. 

Think that happened few years ago as well, can be nice, makes it feel more like you are there.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

For a playoff spot yes. 

What's crazy is that Rosen, Kulich, Kisakov, Weisbach, Rousek, Savoie, Novikov, etc... aren't even available yet. And we have a couple of months before Jack Quinn flips his switch (he tends to be slow in a league and then BAM!) 

Just hope no one gets crazy and wants to start trading away the future for the hopes of a better playoff run. If we make the playoffs just dance with the players that got us there. Maybe add some D depth but not at expense of future prospects 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Posts aren’t considered shots just fyi 

duh GIF

duh GIF

duh GIF

duh GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Funny enough, I guarantee you he’ll be the first person to admonish any reporter who suggests Buffalo isn’t a good team. 

Also a prime Darryl Sutter quote:

Reporter: "What was the thought process on going to Dan Vladar after the first period?"

Sutter: "Because you've got two goalies."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Wow...guess it's a night for history...first Dahlin and then Comrie became the first Sabre goalie in franchise history to record two consecutive game 40+ save wins...

Hard to believe this since we had Hasek in his prime. 

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

agreed...perhaps we were better and not allowing that many shots?

The game was way tighter in those days, no two-line passes, and a lot of clogging up the neutral zone, every single night.

Way more interference and clutch & grab just slowed the game down, I suppose.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I missed the Joker injury. Can anyone scrounge up a clip to show what happened to joker? 

I know he got hit in the face with the puck. I just did not see the actual play.

Okposo fired the puck directly into his face in the offensive zone

5 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Okposo fired the puck directly into his face in the offensive zone

It wasn't a shot as such, at least I don't think so.  I think he was trying to dump it from the right point down into the left corner, so more of a hard dump-in.  Joki went down and just stayed down.  My guess is it caught him full in the nose and possibly broke it which hurts like crazy and he probably saw stars for a bit.

Edited by Doohickie

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

It wasn't a shot as such, at least I don't think so.  I think he was trying to dump it from the right point down into the left corner, so more of a hard dump-in.  Joki went down and just stayed down.  My guess is it caught him full in the nose and possibly broke it which hurts like crazy and he probably saw stars for a bit.

I thought it was more of a turn around slap shot. Very hard shot from how I remember it 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah it was a dump in, dump in Jokis nose.

Unintentional but he did fire it right into his face.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

For late games I have to rely on Twitter for highlights. The normal crew I follow for Sabres Twitter stuff has let me down.

Lots of clips of Tuch’s hattie goals.  Lots of mentions of Dahlin’s record goal, but no clips.  Passing mention of Mitts shortie but no clips.  And a mystery goal apparently as that’s only 5.

I guess I am following the wrong accounts.  We’ll see them all once the game highlights are on YouTube I suppose.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Download NHL app. Every game usually has about an eight minute highlight clip and then each goal is shown in separate videos.

The 8-9 minute clips are posted on YouTube by the NHL and a slightly different version by SportsNet, usually within an hour or two of the end of the game. I just watch those most of the time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.