GDT:Sabres at Calgary Flames 10/20/22 9:30pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I always hear conflicting things on this. Does it need to be 3 in a row in the game in general or just for your team? I thought the former but you hear varying takes 

I don't care if it's synthetic.

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

Great win, worth staying up for.  Very entertaining to be in the lead throughout the majority of the game.  Well done boys.

Next up Vancouver, winless in 5.  They are desperate.  No mercy.

BOOT ON THEIR THROAT

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Still real early to know for sure.  But if he can keep playing like this through Thanksgiving, oh, #### yeah!

But imagine how good he'd be if his confidence hadn't been destroyed I the preseason.  LOL!

Unquestionably. 

Comrie has already shown he can play good hockey. Question is always whether the workload can be drastically increased. He’s going to get every chance to prove he can do it if he keeps playing this way 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

That was probably the most complete game I’ve seen from this team in 3-4 years. Recency bias obviously, but still an excellent effort. 

Mittelstadt stood out on both ends — a lot of very nice offensive plays but a few questionable decisions and turnovers. If he can clean those up and become more consistent (big if) on offense he’ll have won me over. Power continues to make errors, but I expect he’ll get better as the season goes on. Other than that a very solid performance by pretty much everyone else.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Comrie is good at anticipating high danger chances and has the reflexes to make the save alot of the time. 

This is the way! 

Not to disagree because I don’t, but you make him sound like he’s a fun goalie to watch. He’s weirdly... not? He just plays positional hockey so well it’s unreal. He is the opposite of MAF in that regard.

I also swear Comrie is bigger in the net than he is on paper. He must have disproportionately long legs or something. I don’t get it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I've always heard 3 in a row. No matter when they happen, just as long as they are b2b2b.

Technically, yeah it has to be 3 straight without any others interspersed, but a lot of people use the looser definition of 3 in a row for your team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Not to disagree because I don’t, but you make him sound like he’s a fun goalie to watch. He’s weirdly... not? He just plays positional hockey so well it’s unreal. He is the opposite of MAF in that regard.

I also swear Comrie is bigger in the net than he is on paper. He must have disproportionately long legs or something. I don’t get it.

He's Miller-y. When Miller was on everything was in the crest.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Funny you mention that because the other day, Marty said that Comrie’s build is deceiving because he has a short torso but really long legs which he said was a big advantage for Comrie. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Boosh out, Joker goes down early. Ridiculous ref kick goal. Team didn’t fold. Signs of growth.

^most important thing. In the Eichel/Housley/Krueger era the team falls apart after that ref kick goal.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

I wasn't home, I tried finding the game on Espn+ on my phone but it was blacked out. Eventually I was able to download the msg go app and log in with my Spectrum cable and watch the 3rd. 

This was the total opposite of the Oilers 3rd period and a really strong game by our boys in blue (white). Comrie doesn't waste much movement in his saves. 

Dahlin is stepping it up 

Tuch > Eichel and it's not even close. 

The rookies are growing. 

D still needs a little work, Joki and Bryson need upgrades, but that'll come with time and Boosh being healthy. 

Who else is getting excited?! 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Here.  Take two of these and call me in the morning.

Hey he was an electric player (at times) I personally just didn’t like how he played a team game. His Line mates almost never knew what the F he was gonna do because he was a whirling dervish and didn’t really play well with line mates. Just a personal preference. That said, yes he had some sick and memorable one man show goals. 

and I’m glad Mitts isn’t like him 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Right, where most goalies are flailing at high danger chances he's just, saving them because he gets in position.

It's good, I like that  and its something I think is important for a team to stack wins.

A goaltender has got to steal a goal or two when he can. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Funny you mention that because the other day, Marty said that Comrie’s build is deceiving because he has a short torso but really long legs which he said was a big advantage for Comrie. 

He's a pinball wizard there has to be a twist

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Hey he was an electric player (at times) I personally just didn’t like how he played a team game. His Line mates almost never knew what the F he was gonna do because he was a whirling dervish and didn’t really play well with line mates. Just a personal preference. That said, yes he had some sick and memorable one man show goals. 

From that perspective, Skinner is this team's Afinogenov, although Skins does play a better team game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.