GDT:Sabres at Calgary Flames 10/20/22 9:30pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

5 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Really impressive won considering we were down a defenseman very early on. 

I always thought a natural hat trick was when you scored all three goals against a goalie (meaning empty netters don't make it natural) but three in a row makes more sense.

Oh *****, didn't realize we lost another D - what was Henri's injury?

8 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Thompson again with a grade TNT chance. He's going to break through in Vancouver and Seattle.

He’s hit at least a half dozen posts so far this season.  Definitely watching the manifestation of a regression to the mean with his shooting percentage.  He may only get 35 this season.  😀

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

... a bad feeling for Calgary. 

Impo, we look better and more lines start to click each game. 

They look slooooooowwwww. 

19 minutes ago, Weave said:

Well, this was a pleasant surprise to wake up to.

That’s what she said 

1 hour ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Took a puck to the face.

More like the puck broke his face.  It was painful to watch. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Goaltending makes a world of difference 

Hence my harping about needing a good goalie for the last two years. That has really been my only complaint with management. I just don't understand why it took them so long to address it. And really this year they just took a flyer on commri. So far it is looking like it will pay off.  Hope it continues. 

• Like (+1) 1

For late games I have to rely on Twitter for highlights. The normal crew I follow for Sabres Twitter stuff has let me down.

Lots of clips of Tuch’s hattie goals.  Lots of mentions of Dahlin’s record goal, but no clips.  Passing mention of Mitts shortie but no clips.  And a mystery goal apparently as that’s only 5.

I guess I am following the wrong accounts.  We’ll see them all once the game highlights are on YouTube I suppose.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

I’m shocked that Hasek never did this.

Same. On further reflection, that was some low event hockey in those days.

55 minutes ago, inkman said:

FFS - they're icing Lucic out there.

23 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Let's go, Buffalo!

Dahlin with a multi-point night and, naturally, the GWG a record setting goal.

Thompson also gets one that is then reversed.

I'll take it!

Edited by That Aud Smell

How many posts were hit? I think the announcers missed a couple. Uncanny. 

Tage could have had 2 goals tonight. I think we score 2-3-4 or more goals with slightly more accurate shots. Tuch was amazing. Hope he out scores Eichel this year. We keep working on shooting and we could have 5-6 30+ goal scorers in a season over the next 2-3 yrs as young as we are. 

The skating and passing was electric tonight. Gotta stay healthy. Getting a little banged up the past couple of nights. Especially on D. 

obviously a lot to work on. Which is a positive. We are winning games where we still have a lot of room to improve. Keep this team together! Love 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Weave said:

For late games I have to rely on Twitter for highlights. The normal crew I follow for Sabres Twitter stuff has let me down.

Lots of clips of Tuch’s hattie goals.  Lots of mentions of Dahlin’s record goal, but no clips.  Passing mention of Mitts shortie but no clips.  And a mystery goal apparently as that’s only 5.

I guess I am following the wrong accounts.  We’ll see them all once the game highlights are on YouTube I suppose.

Cozens opened the Sabres scoring with a tenacious effort.  His shot was stopped by Markstrom right on the line.  He knew it was close, perhaps even over the line, so he tried to pull it up to his body with his legs and left it behind right on the line.  Cozey stayed in front of the net and was able to tuck it in.

The Sabres site has an extended version with the replay:  https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/cozens-scores-goal/t-277443696/c-13260359

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Download NHL app. Every game usually has about an eight minute highlight clip and then each goal is shown in separate videos.

15 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Still can’t love the youth on this team enough. 13 players 25 and under right now. And 19 under 30. And the 30+ players aren’t slowing down. If we stay healthy and the goaltending holds up (always a key) this team could be a contender. 

For a playoff spot yes. 

What's crazy is that Rosen, Kulich, Kisakov, Weisbach, Rousek, Savoie, Novikov, etc... aren't even available yet. And we have a couple of months before Jack Quinn flips his switch (he tends to be slow in a league and then BAM!) 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Here are some accounts that I think are good for the clips outside of the Sabres twitter feed. 

Also, game highlights 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Good lord, Zadorov is a stupid hockeyplayer.

Yes, he got a goal, but he should’ve been ejected earlier after boarding Skinner, and all he did was take dumb penalties.

Remember when Kevin Devine orchestrated a draft where the Sabres took both Ristolainen (sp) and Zadorov? Devine must have had zero radar for - or given zero effs about - hockey IQ.

I wish I could find that clip of Devine asking Terry if he wanted to get harder to play against before the team took the sliding Zadorov. It does not appear to be in the official Blue and Gold video about the 2013 draft.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

He’s hit at least a half dozen posts so far this season.  Definitely watching the manifestation of a regression to the mean with his shooting percentage.  He may only get 35 this season.  😀

That’s what she said 

More like the puck broke his face.  It was painful to watch. 

Posts aren’t considered shots just fyi 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.