Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I recall vividly the Sabres and Flyers (I believe) years back... They were tied in the 3rd, a tie got both teams in the dance. They did absolutley nothing, including standing behind the net for what seemed like minutes letting the clock tick away so they got in. So 1000% they think this way in certain game situations. 

Caps, I think, 2000-ish?

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I recall vividly the Sabres and Flyers (I believe) years back... They were tied in the 3rd, a tie got both teams in the dance. They did absolutley nothing, including standing behind the net for what seemed like minutes letting the clock tick away so they got in. So 1000% they think this way in certain game situations. 

I remember that too. One extreme case does not make the point.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

And I think we were swept that year in the first round.

No this was Ennis sending the Sabres home up 3-2 before getting Leino-d

Gerbe had a sick spinorama goal against the Flyers in that regular season game 

This is all from memory but, it’s my memory so, should be decent 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It doesn’t sound like you recall it vividly. I believe. 

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

No this was Ennis sending the Sabres home up 3-2 before getting Leino-d

Gerbe had a sick spinorama goal against the Flyers in that regular season game 

This is all from memory but, it’s my memory so, should be decent 

He was the  Rudy of the NHL guy wasn't very good but the heart gave him something else.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This is why those around here looking down on the Östlund, Kisakov, Rosen, type of players should be a little more patient. Jack Hughes was amazing and just needed some time to get up to strength to do that in the NHL. 

Why are we comparing a former #1 OA draft pick to one’s drafted in the mid-to-late first (or later)? I get they may have the same physiques, but don’t the comparables end there?

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

Why are we comparing a former #1 OA draft pick to one’s drafted in the mid-to-late first (or later)? I get they may have the same physiques, but don’t the comparables end there?

He’s definitely drawing a relative comparison: that we should be equally patient with these players because they, too, in time could live up to or even exceed their individual projections.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He’s definitely drawing a relative comparison: that we should be equally patient with these players because they, too, in time could live up to or even exceed their individual projections.

Thorny gets it. 

Undersized guys take a little time. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

But Johnson hasn't said anything at least with Levi he always says something positive about the organization and the future. 

Johnson ? Nothing 

I've said this before that even if Johnson considers all his options when he finishes his college career, Buffalo would be one of his best options. Not only would he be joining an upswing team, there is also an obvious need to add a defenseman to the NHL roster, especially in a system where there is a dearth of quality prospects. He would be joining a team with a need that would offer him an opportunity to play sooner rather than later. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.