Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

On 2/14/2023 at 11:55 AM, MattPie said:

He's at least mildly friendly with the top of the Russian ruling class, so I'm sure a jet can be arranged.

Yep. I'm sure there's some commercial path (if it involves Russia) like US - London - Belarus - etc..

Putin will send him a private jet if he wants one. He's one of Putin's buddies and biggest ideological symbols.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Submitted for no particular reason 

I don't have a fancy chart, but when people tell other people to go jump in a lake, and they do, well, those people are more likely get wet more than others.

29 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Ya, this sounds like bad news for some US teams, good thing the Sabres have MSG?

20 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Submitted for no particular reason 

Well that's kind of interesting as the rhetoric I grew up with (and I think is still around) is it's better to hit than be hit and it's the guy receiving the hit who gets hurt not the guy giving the hit. So I suppose teams that play more physical simply have players who play in a harder way that also gets them banged up. So are they minor injuries or serious ones would be one question. 

The other question would be how does that correlate with wins, and does it change in the playoffs (or even the second half of the season compared to the first). 

It's also possible I suppose that things have changed a lot and with all the equipment they wear you can get hurt hitting more than you used to. Interesting stat though for sure. 

56 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that's kind of interesting as the rhetoric I grew up with (and I think is still around) is it's better to hit than be hit and it's the guy receiving the hit who gets hurt not the guy giving the hit. So I suppose teams that play more physical simply have players who play in a harder way that also gets them banged up. So are they minor injuries or serious ones would be one question. 

The other question would be how does that correlate with wins, and does it change in the playoffs (or even the second half of the season compared to the first). 

It's also possible I suppose that things have changed a lot and with all the equipment they wear you can get hurt hitting more than you used to. Interesting stat though for sure. 

The next post in the Twitter Thread is a chart that teams that get hit more get injured more.

I probably should have posted that one as well for clarification.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Looks like Buffalo is not the only team getting snubbed by college prospects.  

Pretty good RHD prospect here.  

They were also snubbed years ago by Justin Schultz who signed as a free agent with Edmonton. That was a huge circus after he became a free agent.

16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The next post in the Twitter Thread is a chart that teams that get hit more get injured more.

I probably should have posted that one as well for clarification.

So in other words teams that more prone to physical contact are more prone to injuries 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.