Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Because I'm entertained 🤣 

ENTERTAINED4.jpg

But it wasn’t entertaining.  He wasn’t animated or extreme.  He just refused to answer questions and was a little rude.  If it was anything other than pointless, it was a little sad.

Just have an assistant coach go out and speak if you aren’t feeling up to facing the media.

Just now, Curt said:

But it wasn’t entertaining.  He wasn’t animated or extreme.  He just refused to answer questions and was a little rude.  If it was anything other than pointless, it was a little sad.

Just have an assistant coach go out and speak if you aren’t feeling up to facing the media.

I always find his press interactions humorous. He gives off that "I hate you, I HATE YOU ALL" vibe lol. It's just who he is.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Oh, all this special ***** comes from NYC/Tronna.  Make no mistake about it.  They look like Div II football teams.

As if you need further proof, would ANYONE w/in the Sabres organization have put the "NY" on the Sabres logo for the 2nd Winter Classic Buffalo got to "host?"

Not 1 local soul would've thought THAT was the tweak the logo needed for that event.

• Thanks (+1) 2

5/5 on the out of town scoreboard? 1/32 odds in our favour tonight (I suppose this depends on Detroit losing.) I tell you what, as long as this caps team is rolling out the welcome mat there’s no reason we can’t make the playoffs - control our own destiny 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Wow everyone we needed to lose lost and Detroit down 3 late in the 3rd.  

After today Sabres should have the best odds of those fighting for 8th. They’d have the points% inside track on everyone except Detroit with which they’d be tied 

But Sabres have the tie breaker currently 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I don’t find that particularly funny.

I get it, his team sucks and he is upset about it, but why bother even going out for a scrum if you are going to be like that?

I'm laughing "at" more than "with". 

I don't know what to make of it, but Jack Edwards, jackass that he is, said the Sabres are the team to watch out for in the wildcard race during the Islander game. Make of that what you will or want to. 

12 hours ago, Curt said:

His conduct is typical Torts. The novelty wore off a long time ago. He's a bore. If he doesn't want to answer questions after a game, then let someone else assume that unappealing task (as others have said). Whether he likes it or not, it's part of the job. Contrast how he handles postgame interviews to Granato? The vagabond Philly coach is boorish while Granato, win or lose, acts with class. 

• dislike 1

22 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

A buddy of mine had a friend who was a physical fitness trainer for the Kings when Sutter was coach. He said everyday Doughty and them would sit around and rip Sutter mercilessly. They hated his guts. But they are all Cup champions.

Those types of coaches work for teams that are competing for a Cup but need that final kick in the pants to get over the hump. They have a shelf life and if you aren’t competitive they are downright awful to play for.

The best part is that Sutter is/was fully aware of all of that. It worked out well for them. 

14 hours ago, Curt said:

I don’t find that particularly funny.

I get it, his team sucks and he is upset about it, but why bother even going out for a scrum if you are going to be like that?

It all seemed pretty subdued to me. He’s given plenty of fuel both to those who love and hate his style. This one really wasn’t much of that.

Why go out there? I’d imagine it’s required by the league/contract. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

The best part is that Sutter is/was fully aware of all of that. It worked out well for them. 

It all seemed pretty subdued to me. He’s given plenty of fuel both to those who love and hate his style. This one really wasn’t much of that.

Why go out there? I’d imagine it’s required by the league/contract. 

It was subdued.  I just didn’t think it was funny.  He wouldn’t answer and he was a little rude.  It was pointless.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.