Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

This isn't a coaching issue.  The Bills lost their best defensive player, without whom they have a mediocre pass rush, and they are playing a great QB, at the top of his game, who always gets rid of it quickly anyway, and who has a number of elite targets to throw to.

Knowing Burrow gets rid of the ball in 2.4 seconds (or whatever it is, I don't remember the exact number) both by necessity (injured o-line) and by scheme (he's been doing it all season and last season as well), why is the defense giving the receivers a huge cushion? Easy catches all day.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The entire pregame, and most of the first two minutes, CBS personnel were publicly wondering why Leslie Frazier doesn't get a shot at HC jobs.  He quickly showed (AGAIN) why.  A zone defense against a girl-beater like Joe Mixon DOES. NOT. WORK.  It took him more than a quarter to figure that out, and even then, he would go back to his stupid 4-2-5 zone many times.  I hope he is hired as a head coach somewhere.  Just get him away from here.

Ken Dorsey wasn't much better, but at least he's a rookie.  Why are the Bills doing run-run-pass-punt when Josh freaking Allen is the quarterback?!  In what world is that a good strategy even starting at 0-0, much less down 14?  

The Bills are missing a key pass rusher in Von Miller.  The Bengals were missing THREE OL starters and a fourth (the freaking center, of all people) was injured early.  Sacks?  Getting to the RB behind the line?  NOTHING.

I want Frazier gone.

This team is too talented to be wasted on bad coaches.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

IMHO, we need upgrades on both lines.  On offense, that will free up Knox.  On defence, without Von Miller, we are not very effective at either pressuring the QB or stopping the RB.

What do they need to free up Knox for?  To make gelatin?  Because he's pretty useless as a blocker and not much better with his catching unless he just happens to be in an end zone.  He certainly doesn't help the team get NEAR said end zone.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Yuck. Dominated in the trenches all game on both sides. Unfortunately, it wasn't much of a contest.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Who was that Bears coach than when hired, just said “I’m here to beat the Packers.”

so cringe!

That was Lovie Smith and Bears fans loved him because he did... in the beginning. He won several games against an aging Favre and a very old Packers roster overhaul in '04-'07 and then to start against fledgling Rodgers. But... Lovie still ended up with a career losing record to them because the Bears preferred drafting 1st round running backs and putting their faith in Grossman and then Cutler. (Never put your trust in Smokin' Jay.)

• Like (+1) 1

Team ***** down their leg today

Poyer needs to go, they need an upgrade there and he's not worth the money anymore imo

O-Line needs some upgrades 

D-line got beat up on by backups today

Both sides of the ball need playmakers

WR, RB, S, LB need some impact players there

Frustrating end when you know the team had more to give

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Team ***** down their leg today

Poyer needs to go, they need an upgrade there and he's not worth the money anymore imo

O-Line needs some upgrades 

D-line got beat up on by backups today

Both sides of the ball need playmakers

WR, RB, S, LB need some impact players there

Frustrating end when you know the team had more to give

I agree with most of what you said.

Poyer and Hyde. They are 'good'.  Most people like them. Earlier in the year there was a lot of talk of extensions. However, they are getting older and not as athletic as they used to be.  I'd be all for no more years for them, dealing with some mistakes at Safety but going younger and a lot more athletic back there.

This team just doesn't seem like there are a lot of great athletes. Diggs is their best non-QB on offense, and he is great but he doesn't strike fear into opponents for his speed or size.  This team needs to get more athletic on both sides of the ball.  If they don't, and if Tua is back for the Dolphins and IF the jets sign one of the veteran QB's for un upgrade...this Bills team might be in a dogfight that ends with them in 3rd in the division next year.

Basically the team is Josh, Diggs and Von.  Take away Von and you have the other two that will win you 12 to 15 games in a 17 game regular season.

Those 2 or even 3 are not taking you to the promised land.

We have seen how far they can go in the playoff the last 3 years.  It's time that the Bills stop buiding to win the AFC East and start building to win the AFC Championship and the Superbowl before Josh is finished his playing career.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m not sure they need another “Jesus” coach

I’m not so sure. It’s the only thing left to try.😂🙏

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Let’s not compound the problem.  payton? Sure.  

Not as head coach. I want Reich as OC.

57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What do they need to free up Knox for?  To make gelatin?  Because he's pretty useless as a blocker and not much better with his catching unless he just happens to be in an end zone.  He certainly doesn't help the team get NEAR said end zone.

Good thing they're paying him top 5 TE money.

Need to fire Mc Clappy. He's out coached every year. They won't do this, but they should blow it up and try to rebuild it better. May not be so good for a year, but this doubling down on current coaches and some players is never gonna work. Obviously.