Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

The Bills are in the top 2,3,4 in every offensive stat category.  They are in the top 1 thru 4 category in every defensive stat category.  

When you lose and have to go home, no one is happy.  They played poorly.  It is easy to see the errors when a team gets dominated.  Some questionable coaching has been mentioned, I saw lots of missed assignments and missed plays.  

This is an important off season.  Something needs to change since Cinci has passed us and KC is still ahead of us.  Miami is getting close.  Jax too.  

They have cap constraints.  Beane has not drafted any impact players in the past 3 drafts. 

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Once the pitchforks and torches get put away it will become clear this game was largely lost in the trenches.

6 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Coaching was the bigger failure.

These are not incompatible.  Frazier's defense couldn't take care of an offensive line that was 60% backups, just like it couldn't take care of a third-string QB last week.  Dorsey's offense couldn't protect Allen, couldn't establish the run (and I do NOT want to hear about field conditions when girl-beater Mixon was able to run all over the place), and couldn't catch passes.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

Frazier and Dorsey weren’t the ones getting pushed backwards on 3/4s of the snaps.

Head coach didn't have the team ready. Completely inexcusable. Good possibility the players have tuned him out. It's pretty obvious he's taken this team as far as he ever will.

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Frazier and Dorsey weren’t the ones getting pushed backwards on 3/4s of the snaps.

I thought the coaching was terrible.

I'm just glad I don't have to waste my next Sunday watching them. I've got real ***** to do.

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

Head coach didn't have the team ready. Completely inexcusable. Good possibility the players have tuned him out. It's pretty obvious he's taken this team as far as he ever will.

No.

2 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

Got beat in every aspect of the game. 

It will be interesting to see what changes are made in the off season. It is obvious that injuries had an impact this year, but OC and DC play calling are certainly suspect over the 2nd half of the season. They got figured out, didn't make the necessary adjustments to overcome the personnel issues and the schemes other teams were throwing at them. Some teams they could beat anyhow, but it's the playoffs and they got their lunch taken and punched in the mouth as a reward. 

There is hope that Dorsey, who seems to be a bright guy, can learn from his mistakes w/ an offseason of reflection.

Frazier is what he is & a bend - don't break D is a HORRIBLE complement to an offensive race car.  (& it was back in the early 90's too.)  Switch to an attacking D scheme.  If you stop them, Josh & the O have more time to work w/ and can bury 'em.  If you give up the quick strike, Josh & the O have more time to work w/ to run w/ 'em.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

IMHO, we need upgrades on both lines.  On offense, that will free up Knox.  On defence, without Von Miller, we are not very effective at either pressuring the QB or stopping the RB.

The D Line was also without their best run stuffer Jones & Phillips w/ only 1 good arm wasn't much of use out there.

That is a lot of talent to be missing.  Yes, the Bengals were missing talent on the O-line but their coaches had a gameplan to cover for that.  The Bills did not have a successful plan to make up for what they were missing on D.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

There is hope that Dorsey, who seems to be a bright guy, can learn from his mistakes w/ an offseason of reflection.

Frazier is what he is & a bend - don't break D is a HORRIBLE complement to an offensive race car.  (& it was back in the early 90's too.)  Switch to an attacking D scheme.  If you stop them, Josh & the O have more time to work w/ and can bury 'em.  If you give up the quick strike, Josh & the O have more time to work w/ to run w/ 'em.

Wuh? Dorsey called two absolute stinkers to end the season. He was lucky to escape last week.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

The D Line was also without their best run stuffer Jones & Phillips w/ only 1 good arm wasn't much of use out there.

That is a lot of talent to be missing.  Yes, the Bengals were missing talent on the O-line but their coaches had a gameplan to cover for that.  The Bills did not have a successful plan to make up for what they were missing on D.

So,… how is it not on coaching?

Edited by SwampD

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Wuh? Dorsey called two absolute stinkers to end the season. He was lucky to escape last week.

So,… how is it not on coaching?

Yes, Dorsey was outcoached.  Didn't say he wasn't.  Said there is hope he can be better if he doesn't end up the Panthers new HC.  And, regardless of how today turned out, do you disagree that the #2 scoring & yardage/game O is a Ferrari?

Frazier is what he is & is too timid to have a D that complements this O.  Would be very happy to have had him gone long before this.  But the post mine referenced said the D-line isn't good.  When healthy, it actually is.  It was upgraded significantly over last year's which is a big part of why Milano was an All Pro and in the conversation for defensive MVP and also why somebody is giving Edmunds a huge contract next season.  (And the Bills won't be giving him that deal.)

50 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Once the pitchforks and torches get put away it will become clear this game was largely lost in the trenches.

The game was lost before kickoff. One coach had his team ready the other didn’t 

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Correct and it should be a fireable offence 

this is not the 4th year McDermott got outclassed in the playoffs 

• Agree 1

And, congrats to the Bengals.  They outcoached and outplayed the Bills.

Next week should be a great game.  Stinks that the Bills won't be in it, but the Bengals were the better team today & earned the right to move on.

Hoping the Bills spend at least 2 of their 1st 3 picks on OL.  If a monster RB falls to 28, grab him, but otherwise take a C or T in the 1st round.

If it makes sense to grab a MLB at some pint, then do so.  But spend the late round picks grabbing more WRs/DBs.

Find the next Poyer/Hyde where they found the current ones in FA.

The upsetting part is that our window has all but closed.  Salary cap is going to be a problem next year and both lines need major upgrades.  Not to mention all the good young QB’s in the AFC.  This was supposed to be our year and squandered it with poor coaching philosophies on both sides of the ball.  We are now way behind multiple teams and will be tough to close that gap over the next few years unless something major happens.  A few tweaks won’t do it unfortunately.  Oh, the life of a Buffalo fan

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

I’m gonna lay out a different vibe.

Thank you again, Bills.  Hell of an entertaining season.  It has been a very long time since I was so emotionally invested that I had to ration my watching because I was still wound up come bed time.

I can only hope that I get the same feelings again regarding the Sabres some time soon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That's correct and that's on Beane who has to improve the O line.  However, Dorsey didn't adjust and move the pocket and he had a terrible game plan.  

Dorsey also had a terrible game plan and he always comes out in the base defense and it's wearing thin.  O coordinators have adjusted and he hasn't.  

IMHO Frazier needs to go bye bye and Dorsey needs to have a chat with Daboll on how to call a friggin game and create a  game plan where Josh isn't just chucking the ball 40 yards on 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2. 

2 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

The upsetting part is that our window has all but closed.  Salary cap is going to be a problem next year and both lines need major upgrades.  Not to mention all the good young QB’s in the AFC.  This was supposed to be our year and squandered it with poor coaching philosophies on both sides of the ball.  We are now way behind multiple teams and will be tough to close that gap over the next few years unless something major happens.  A few tweaks won’t do it unfortunately.  Oh, the life of a Buffalo fan

OK relax.  Poyer (I will miss him) and three running backs who suck won't be back next year.  Gabe Davis has proven himself to be replaceable by several members of this board, and Dion Dawkins can be traded for an actual turnstile from Soldier Field.  Beasley should cost about $2.49 if he comes back.  The cap will be manageable.  

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Win what? lol 

Just screwing around

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

OK relax.  Poyer (I will miss him) and three running backs who suck won't be back next year.  Gabe Davis has proven himself to be replaceable by several members of this board, and Dion Dawkins can be traded for an actual turnstile from Soldier Field.  Beasley should cost about $2.49 if he comes back.  The cap will be manageable.  

Just screwing around

Relax?  I’ve learned to throw away rose colored glasses 

Come draft day it's obvious that Safety and O Line are the biggest needs, but I'd love to see the Bills draft Darnell Washington TE from GA even in the 1st rd, but if still available for sure in the second. 

Washington is a 6'7" 265 TE who runs a 4.6 40, who had 26 catches for 417 yards and 2TDs for GA this season.  He was one of team's best blockers and often served as a 6th OL.  He wasn't the primary TE receiver at GA because of Brock Bowers, but for a team like Buffalo, whose offense is very similar to GA he'd help protect Josh, make more running lanes for Cook and Singletary and also give the Bills a match up nightmare for LB's and Safeties when used as a pass catcher.  In 12 personnel, he'd allow Knox to block less and serve as a primary receiver to maximize his abilities.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/darnell-washington-te-georgia-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

• Like (+1) 2