GDT: Blackhawks at Sabres 4-29-22 at 7PM

spndnchz

I'm glad that they pulled out the win tonight.  Nice way to end the season.  There's definitely hope (with real substance not just hopium) going into this off season.  I also don't expect any shocking words from the locker clean out interviews (which is truly joyful for Sabres fans everywhere).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just thinking of where I was with this team at the end of the past few years and how much more hope and excitement for this offseason and moving forward.

Really hoping for:

1) Amerks sneak in and the kids develop some more.

2) Have a good draft and add some more highs end young pieces.

3) Spend the money smartly. Really upgrade in net and add a good piece on the back end.

• Like (+1) 3

What was great about this game goes beyond the winning. This certainly was a RJ celebration. That was the highlight. And what made the evening special is that although this was a choppy game the near capacity crowd was into the game. What a contrast compared to when there was a half empty arena that happened too often this season. However, for the last third of the season the team was playing well and steadily the crowds started to increase. This team not only started to win with a greater frequency, it also played an entertaining style of game. Most people believe that this young team is going to get better. If this organization stays on track, I'm confident that the arena will be filled again and be a great environment to watch hockey games. What was lost can be regained. 

• Like (+1) 8

The Sabres had a lot of trouble giving and receiving passes today.  At times, it looked like they were trying too hard and overplayed things.  Passes were too hard or the players were gripping their sticks so hard that the puck would bounce off the blade.

I've been pretty wistful since my wife got me my ticket.  (She had to work.)  Paraphrasing Greg Klyma's song, whose melancholic atmosphere aptly reflects my current mood: now that Rick's retired, Buffalo won't be the same 'cause we loved to hear Rick Jeanneret call the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, it wasn't a playoff game, but it was still a pretty nice way to go out, both for the team this season and for RJ, the soundtrack to our favorite hockey memories.

I think this might be my favorite RJ moment:

Thanks for the memories RJ.  Enjoy your retirement.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Didn’t partake in the game day thread since it was a family affair and I’m not a big fan of using my phone when with family or friends, but my fiancée who has now watched two seasons of Sabres hockey remarked the team looked completely different than last year or even earlier this year.

I don’t believe it’s hopium anymore. When someone who only watches hockey on occasion says that, it must be noticeable.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.