Official Sabres Sign First Overall Pick in 2021 Owen Power to His ELC/Debut Is Tentatively Scheduled versus TML on 4/12

Brawndo

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

As like you, I have never heard anyone inflate his talents and on ice contributions. He is what he is. He is a veteran player at the end of the line whose contributions more likely relate to his professionalism and positive influence on the youngsters. My understanding is that he is well respected and popular with his teammates. He doesn't deserve to be targeted and an object of scorn.  

There was RJ night. Tuch on one side and surprisingly Eakin on the other, so there's that. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to The Official Owen Power, Erik Portillo and Ryan Johnson Watch
19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Eakin is the worst forward on the Sabres and it's not particularly close. He deserves more scorn but this board in particular loves faceoffs and guys who hit stuff regardless of their ability to actually be decent at hockey. 

I stopped complaining about him because he expires this off season.  He does absolutely nothing.  I would have taken any number of waiver claims and given them a shot on the bottom line over him.  He's abysmal in everything other than faceoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

The guy who got me my tickets to the Frozen Four is not only a UM alum, he also worked in the athletics department as a academic advisor/tutor, working mainly in the hockey program under Red Berensen. It's been years since he graduated but he still knows people in the program.

Take it for what it's worth but he tells me that when the Sabres drafted Power it was his intention to, quote, "not sign with the Sabres." What's changed since? His agent talking sense into him? The Sabres playing better changing his mind? Who knows. But if you believe what my buddy says, through his connections to Power and the UM program, he did a 180 on the Sabres.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I live in Burlington, which is 2 cities away from Mississauga. I know a guy who lives in Mississauga a couple of streets over from where Power's family live.  Word on the street is that he was extremely happy to be drafted by Buffalo and can't wait to sign.

Take the word on the actual street for what's its worth.

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The guy who got me my tickets to the Frozen Four is not only a UM alum, he also worked in the athletics department as a academic advisor/tutor, working mainly in the hockey program under Red Berensen. It's been years since he graduated but he still knows people in the program.

Take it for what it's worth but he tells me that when the Sabres drafted Power it was his intention to, quote, "not sign with the Sabres." What's changed since? His agent talking sense into him? The Sabres playing better changing his mind? Who knows. But if you believe what my buddy says, through his connections to Power and the UM program, he did a 180 on the Sabres.

... yea I believe this guy didn't want to sign in Buffalo

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Found him ... Makes sense now giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95277e709516c359a808

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I seem to recall that you raised a red flag about Power shortly after he was drafted.  At least my memory thinks it was you.

Glad to hear there is a big turnaround if accurate.

50 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I live in Burlington, which is 2 cities away from Mississauga. I know a guy who lives in Mississauga a couple of streets over from where Power's family live.  Word on the street is that he was extremely happy to be drafted by Buffalo and can't wait to sign.

Take the word on the actual street for what's its worth.

Owen certainly seemed very excited when the Sabres drafted him - as did his family.

He either is very excited to join the Sabres or was an extremely good actor.

P.S. I don't discount what others may have heard, but I am confident that Power and his family are excited about him playing for the Sabres.

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

Owen certainly seemed very excited when the Sabres drafted him - as did his family.

He either is very excited to join the Sabres or was an extremely good actor.

P.S. I don't discount what others may have heard, but I am confident that Power and his family are excited about him playing for the Sabres.

His friends and family can be at any home games they choose to.

Young team on the rise, waiting for more prospects to grow with.

What’s not to like?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

... yea I believe this guy didn't want to sign in Buffalo

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I seem to recall that you raised a red flag about Power shortly after he was drafted.  At least my memory thinks it was you.

Glad to hear there is a big turnaround if accurate.

I'm just relaying what I heard, from someone I trust with a connection to the UM program. That said, did the person telling my friend really know for sure? Who knows. Obviously it's not a worry now.

Oh @Weave, sorry for repeating myself. Old age 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.