GDT : Sunday, March 6th - Kings @ Sabres. 1pm ET

SwampD

Well it seems like I'm not the only one up early today. As The Kings face The Queen City in an afternoon contest.

image.png.88333a36b9b2cb4ffd9268241f5817b3.png   VS    image.png.262dc28757f4c140d46e77c8d50d4059.png

Your Buffalo Sabres will be attempting to win their 3rd game in a row for the 1st time since the opening 3 games of the season and for the 2nd time against the Kings who ended our earlier attempt 3-2 at LA. It appears the team is getting healthy with Mitts playing his best game this year, Olofsson starting to look like the Victor we saw before his injury, Hinostroza looking like he'll play in this game and Girgensons, Butcher and Miller back practicing with the team. Will Mr. Anderson play his 4th game in a row trying for his 300 NHL victory?? Will Jankowski replace Eakin on the 4th line. There's hope that may be happening plus the appearance of 3 scoring lines these past 2 games. Well we have a positive 3 possibilities going today, 3 game winning streak, 3 scoring lines and 300 victories which is awesome since we've gotten so used to being a 3 time loser. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• This is the second and final meeting between the Sabres and Kings this season. 
• Last meeting: Los Angeles defeated Buffalo 3-2 in Los Angeles on Oct. 31, 2021. 
• The Sabres are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games against the Kings: 9-1-0 at home. 

• This is the 129th game all-time between Buffalo and Los Angeles; Buffalo has a 63-46-19 series record.
• The Sabres are 37-17-9 at home against the Kings all-time.

• Buffalo has scored five goals in each of its last two games. A five-goal performance today would give the team three consecutive games with five or more goals for the first time since March 14 to 19, 2008.
• The last time the Sabres scored 15 or more goals in a three-game span was from Dec. 2 to 7, 2019, when the team scored seven, three and five goals, respectively, during those three contests. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’m up. Lets go.

It’s going to be almost 70 out today. Might have to put the TV out on the deck for this one.

The Sabres have been fun to watch of late. Let’s hope it continues.

Now that I own Roku Smart TVs it's incredibly easy to do just that. I would do the same but there is still piles of snow on my deck.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Now that I own Roku Smart TVs it's incredibly easy to do just that. I would do the same but there is still piles of snow on my deck.

I have two Roku expresses and one Roku tv. They are the greatest way to watch tv bar none.

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’m up. Lets go.

It’s going to be almost 70 out today. Might have to put the TV out on the deck for this one.

The Sabres have been fun to watch of late. Let’s hope it continues.

King fans and Sabre fans living in SoCal will not be so lucky.  It’s about 48 and probably will be low 50’s at puck drop.  Early start, so breakfast burritos 🌯 on the menu.  

Enjoy the Magnificent Weather. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Hope Toker is ready to bounce back and show he can be a decent goalie 

Hope Roker whoops Toker has a good game, too. 

This gameday thread brought to you today by Roku - entertainment for the whole family 

57 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I have two Roku expresses and one Roku tv. They are the greatest way to watch tv bar none.

I have Roku in my house too and I can't say I agree.  There are things about Roku that I just don't like such as the remote that doesn't have numbers.  Also, it seems Roku has a lot of contract issues with suppliers.  I have Spectrum and for about a year if I had deleted my Spectrum app I wouldn't have been able to watch it on Roku because they had a dispute with Spectrum and pulled it from the Roku app store.  I can't remember the others, but I hear about this with Roku and other content suppliers from time to time.

It hasn't gotten to the point where I've switched to a different streaming box, but it's been close.

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

SabreSpace tech desk PSA: Roku products are far superior to Amazon fire TV products.

Well then I won't switch to Amazon if I decide to lose Roku.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

So many directions to go with this but they all might be a little to hurtful. 😀

I’ve pushed my shopping errands to after the game   If they compete I’ll keep watching  

50 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Hope Toker is ready to bounce back and show he can be a decent goalie 

We have seen who he is and he really is not a decent NHL goalie.  Look at his mechanics, he flops all over the crease, rarely able to make two stops in succession (which Anderson did several times last game).  Toker has to make that first save and control rebounds to limit chances.  The defense has to be there to clear all the pucks he leaves hanging around.  

He is an AHL goalie, but he is capable of having a big games on occasion.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.