GDT: Colorado at Buffalo, Feb 19, 2022, 1pm, MSG / SN1, WGR.

Eleven

The Buffalo Sabres are back in action this afternoon. 

The Colorado Avalanche are in town as Buffalo wraps up its three-game homestand at KeyBank Center.

Faceoff is set for 1 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. Pregame coverage on MSG begins at 12:30. Tickets are on sale now.

After the game, Buffalo will travel to Columbus, where they'll play the Blue Jackets on Sunday. The pregame show on MSG starts at 5:30 p.m.

Here's what you need to know. 

Casey Mittelstadt will return to the lineup for the Sabres' home game against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday afternoon, coach Don Granato announced. 

Mittelstadt has been limited to seven games this season, having originally sustained an upper-body injury on opening night. He returned to play three games in December before undergoing surgery.

• This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Avalanche this season. 
• Last meeting: Colorado defeated Buffalo 4-1 in Colorado on Jan. 30. 
• The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Avalanche; 2-6-2 at home. 

• This is the 149th game all-time between Buffalo and Colorado; Buffalo has a 62-62-24 series record. 
• The Sabres are 38-24-11 at home against the Avalanche all-time.

• Each of the last 15 meetings between these clubs has been decided in regulation. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I won't be able to watch but I wish we played Colorado 82 times a season. I want to see how far away we really are.

About 93 million miles away if that happened.  That's the distance the fans would have to fire the team into the sun. 

I'll watch. I love Saturday afternoon games. Wish the Sabres would have a lot more of them. 

I can watch the Sabres during the afternoon....either just sit and watch the game or have it on while doing some light cleaning or cooking or catching up on emails or other stuff on the computer.  Then it leaves the evening free.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.