GDT: Blue Jackets vs Sabres 2/10/22 7 pm MSG ESPN +

bob_sauve28

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Take away the first two weeks of the season and this team is Montreal. 

Pity about those 2 weeks then, as getting Wright might be the only saving thing to happen this season (apart from Tuch, I like him, he's like the type of Sabre we used to have before Terry bought this thing)

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Pity about those 2 weeks then, as getting Wright might be the only saving thing to happen this season (apart from Tuch, I like him, he's like the type of Sabre we used to have before Terry bought this thing)

Yeah Tuch is amazing. Wright would be a good get but as long as we are in the top 5 I think we will get a really good player. By 2026 we might get to .500. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Adams was perfectly happy to go into this season with Tokarski, Anderson, and UPL as his goalie platoon.

The Sabres goalies have given exactly what we should have expected this year, and it can be argued that they've on balance been much better than you'd expect. Kevyn has completely butchered goaltending in both of his seasons as GM 

For Botterill it was 2C, for Adams it appears to be goalie. The key for Adams will be to not let it snowball as far as Botts did. 

16 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I'll bet you any amount of money on that. This team is years away pal.

2 years, yes. 

And I'm not your pal, buddy. 

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why?

Upl, Levi and portillo are all more talented and I think one can break out. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

2 years, yes. 

And I'm not your pal, buddy. 

Upl, Levi and portillo are all more talented and I think one can break out. 

I hope Adams pretends they don't exist when trying to set up the pro squad next year. 

If one of them kicks the door down and earns a spot then all the better, but he had better not assume any of them are NHL players

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This is why no one is coming to the games this year. What a joke. 

45% of the arena is sold on average each home game.  Attribute the decline to the virus, border, whatever, that's still a bad look and part of the reason why there should be changes after this season.  They are 2-10-3 in their last 15 home games.   

Question to ask is, are the Sabres improving?  And, if not, how much of is on goaltending and how much is coaching, scheme, talent, injuries, etc?  Certainly a nuanced answer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Digger said:

Sucks getting the loss.

One observation though in this game thread that's not getting enough attention is that @PASabreFan had the goal call ahead of @Brawndo for all the goals.  That's got to be some sort of an accomplishment.  Well done.

I have to cheat to do it. I can't overcome physics.

• Haha (+1) 1

I am fed up with management. Is Anderson reinjured. I haven't heard that if he is. Granato said it is Anderson's net when healthy. So why is tokarski playing. He let in two soft goals and then we wonder why we can't win games. We have ten goalies and the obvious best goalie we have isn't even playing. So frustrating.🙄

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I hope Adams pretends they don't exist when trying to set up the pro squad next year. 

If one of them kicks the door down and earns a spot then all the better, but he had better not assume any of them are NHL players

Like I tell my wife, prepare for disappointment 

• Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

45% of the arena is sold on average each home game.  Attribute the decline to the virus, border, whatever, that's still a bad look and part of the reason why there should be changes after this season.  They are 2-10-3 in their last 15 home games.   

Question to ask is, are the Sabres improving?  And, if not, how much of is on goaltending and how much is coaching, scheme, talent, injuries, etc?  Certainly a nuanced answer. 

I like what I see from Tuch, Thompson, Cozens, Dahlin, Krebs, and Skinner.  The rest probably will not be here (outside of the Rochester kids).  That being said, this team is years away from being remotely entertaining/competitive.  Buffalo fans get this.  That is why the arena will remain empty.  The minute this team starts winning and is fun, the barn will fill back up.  It is hard to tell if Granato is effective at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Adam’s is doing the right thing by not overpaying to get a passable goalie on the short term after multiple injuries compromised his stop gap. He has multiple good options for long time and people just need patience. Teams who splurge on a goalie coming from nothing always regret it and don’t win cups. 

Edited by triumph_communes

8 hours ago, inkman said:

Like I tell my wife, prepare for disappointment 

O U C H . . .

4 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Adam’s is doing the right thing by not overpaying to get a passable goalie on the short term after multiple injuries compromised his stop gap. He has multiple good options for long time and people just need patience. Teams who splurge on a goalie coming from nothing always regret it and don’t win cups. 

If I’m not mistaken, Rick DiPietro proves your point.

4 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

not asking to splurge on a goalie...just one that can stop shots occasionally

• Like (+1) 2

Holy overreactions Batman!

Tokarski crapped the bed in the 3rd and OT. That is why they lost last night. That doesn’t mean they are years and years away from being decent and the organization is a joke and Pegula eats babies.

This year is a tear down, Eichel, Reinhart, Risto out the door. They aren’t making the playoffs, save your blood pressure and just exhale.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Tokarski crapped the bed in the 3rd and OT. That is why they lost last night. That doesn’t mean they are years and years away from being decent and the organization is a joke and Pegula eats babies.

This year is a tear down, Eichel, Reinhart, Risto out the door. They aren’t making the playoffs, save your blood pressure and just exhale.

We have been rebuilding for 20 years and people still have hope .

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

It's still very difficult to be optimistic about the sabres. There are some good young players for sure, but it remains to be seen if there's enough glue to actually be a good team.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

not asking to splurge on a goalie...just one that can stop shots occasionally

Why not though? They literally splurge on nothing. Get a starter and carry UPL. Best man wins. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Thank you Kevyn Adams!!! Another ***** bag GM that has no clue what the most important position in hockey is. 

8th time this year the Sabres have blown a two goal lead. What a *****in joke this franchise is. 

Yet trades for Devon Levi, arguably as a good a goalie prospect there is 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.