The Goal Call should not have been reversed per NHL

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to The Goal Call should not have been reversed per NHL
15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Add it to the list:

LeClair thru the net goal

Hull foot in the crease

and so on😀

Those 2 & the Bondra goal ALL resulted in the NHL changing their rules & procedures because the results were so egregious.

Doubt this one rises to that level.  But it IS 2 games in a row where replay didn't get the call right in what at the time had been 1 goal games.  

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 3

They didn't even come out and say it was onsides, just that "possession" was inconclusive and the call on the ice shiuld stabd... even though they have a clear replay of the entire sequence.

So what that tells me is that it's up to the linesmen officiating the game to enforce their own interpretation of "possession" when deciding if a play is offsides.  

So the person or people whose job it is to know this rule better than anyone else screwed up. Are they being fired? Or will they be the judges again tonight? I mean Biron seemed to get it, and its not his job to know this rule inside and out

How many other types of things do these people review? This is their main job in many ways. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So the person or people whose job it is to know this rule better than anyone else screwed up. Are they being fired? Or will they be the judges again tonight? I mean Biron seemed to get it, and its not his job to know this rule inside and out

How many other types of things do these people review? This is their main job in many ways. 

It’s the NHL.  The most poorly run professional organization I know.  

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.