GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Buffalo Sabres, 11/13/21 —7 pm MSG and WGR

bob_sauve28

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

How do you know what the management expected?

If the management expected to win with the goaltending they chose to go with this year we are in bigger trouble than we thought. It’s far more reasonable to conclude they didn’t expect to win. I’m guessing you must know the answer. 

Attendance was 7,992.  

Can’t believe we lost that point in the last 11 seconds. 

Sure, the goaltending was poor. But that goal could have been avoided with smarter and physically stronger play.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Dell has played 114 NHL games. Let’s not pretend he is a journeyman minor leaguer. He was flat out awful this evening.

Butcher needs to go as well. Miller was to blame too.

Samuelson and Power will be taking these guys spots next year.  Bryson looks much better than them as well.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

I meant the fricking attendance, that's why i highlighted it on your post.  Jesus

Sorry man.  I just relooked at it. You bolded the attendance part.  I’m just pissed off because I hate losing.  I missed your point. 🍺 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kas23 said:

I really don’t like the NHL’s handling of injuries. I get it, privacy. But, these players aren’t exactly private citizens. It would be nice to know exactly what injuries they have and how long they will be out. 

Yes. But it is well known that those known injuries are then heavily targeted by players when the recently injured return.

Watch players go after Eichel’s shoulders and maybe even his neck “on accident” in the corners in March. I bet it happens.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Yes. But it is well known that those known injuries are then heavily targeted by players when the recently injured return.

Watch players go after Eichel’s shoulders and maybe even his neck “on accident” in the corners in March. I bet it happens.

Yeah, we’ll that’s really *****. We would expect that once they are fully healed, then these are not targetable. 

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How do they know they aren't trying to upgrade the goaltending?

Well you don't obviously, but they didn't try when numerous goalies were obtainable (before the drafts) and right now I can't think of anyone of note who might even be available so I doubt it. 

I still do not believe the plan is to win now. This year is the end of the dismantle and the beginning of the rebuild. All they want this year is to create a foundation, create optimism, and have a stocked cupboard. Winning now would actually work against them. 

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Weeks

He's coming out of retirement?

getty_kweekes.jpg

6 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I really don’t like the NHL’s handling of injuries. I get it, privacy. But, these players aren’t exactly private citizens. It would be nice to know exactly what injuries they have and how long they will be out. 

They stopped doing that because opponents would target the injuries when they returned.

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

They are private citizens. 

Of course. Should’ve been more clear for the concrete thinkers. They are playing a game that is sold to spectators to watch. These injuries are a direct result of said game. Spectators should have an idea of their work-related injuries. 

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How do they know they aren't trying to upgrade the goaltending?

Tuck this one away and use it when I say they are fine with their goaltending. 

i’m going to go ahead and make the radical suggestion that a Stanley Cup champion and a former USA hockey development coach know exactly what we have in goal and they have a reason to do what they’re doing. It may not be obvious to us, but I’m certain there’s a reason. 

10 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Lindy Ruff started this.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.