Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If Vegas misses the playoffs and Their Draft Pick is in the Top Ten, the pick becomes a 2023 1st with no conditions attached to it 

…we all better cheer for Vegas the rest of this season…even if Broken John is in the lineup come March/April.  

[edited]Unless the 2023 draft is as good or better than the 2022 draft is supposed to be. 

Edited by LabattBlue

Also, re Tuch, from a July 30, 2021 write-up:

Alex Tuch will miss the start of this season for the Vegas Golden Knights after having shoulder surgery last week.

The 25-year-old forward is expected to need six months to recover, meaning he could miss at least four months of the season. Vegas plays its first game of the regular season against the Seattle Kraken on Oct. 12.

It works under the cap until Mitts, Joker, Tuch come off IR. If all 3 were off IR today and 3 players were sent down to make room it would put us around 2 million under. By the time they come off IR someone else will probably be going on IR so no panic to acquire another contract at this point.   

I think it is a solid deal and falls between the boatload we hoped for and the disaster we feared. If Thompson turns out to be a legit middle six centre, then we now have 3 potential centres in Mitts, Cozens and Krebs to fill out the other two top 3 centre positions. Cozens and Krebs would both be fine to very good on the wing. Tuch is a good top 6 winger. Picks are picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

The forward group just got immediately better and the Jack drama is over.  Good luck Jack your going to need it.  I hope your surgery goes well.

Ultimately this got done and I think Jack, KA and Pegulas got what they wanted.  

The pieces are fine. Tuch is a solid middle six winger from Syracuse who is young enough to be part of the future here.  Krebs was part of the deep center draft class from 2019 and like Cozens has yet to fully establish himself in the NHL.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Don’t we want them to finish bottom 10 so the pick is moved to 2023 without restriction?

I’m assuming next season they will be back to Cup contender and pick ends up 25 or lower.  My best case scenario, injury riddled Vegas sneaks into the playoffs this season, gets run in the 1st round, and we end up with a pick between 17-20. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

…we all better cheer for Vegas the rest of this season…even if Broken John is in the lineup come March/April.  

[edited]Unless the 2023 draft is as good or better than the 2022 draft is supposed to be. 

The 2023 draft could be absurd. There will be at least 2 extremely high end talents in that draft plus it should feature plenty of high end depth into round 3.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.