How long will Jack Eichel play hockey?

SDS

How long will Jack Eichel play hockey?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Jack Eichel play hockey?

• He will never play again
    • 1-3 years
    • 4-7 years
    • He will have a full career

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, inkman said:

Apparently he’s going to be 30-40% better. This might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

Eichel was never not skating the entire time. When were those videos of him skating with his Bruins buddies in the summer?  

Let me know when he’s back in pads and actually doing hockey things. And 30%-40% better is the definition of pulling numbers out of your ass. 

59 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, he's going to be Crosby or McDavid when healed?  Doubt that highly.

MacKinnon when healthy?  That's who he's always been when healthy.

I’d argue he was a notch below MacKinnon. Don’t get me wrong, Eichel is an elite player in his own right, but he doesn’t attack the game with speed at every level like MacKinnon does. 

Its a plausible idea ...But it would have to assume that Eichels neck condition has been there for most of his career and has been getting worse. And that the surgery

solves that.

Its possible. 

I think it would be a great surgical result if he could get back to 90% of what he was 2-3 yrs ago.

We shall see.I hope he does well.

Edited by calti
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I’d argue he was a notch below MacKinnon. Don’t get me wrong, Eichel is an elite player in his own right, but he doesn’t attack the game with speed at every level like MacKinnon does. 

Perhaps.  But when healthy he's pretty much matched or bettered MacKinnon's stats on an draft year/age based comparison on typically significantly worse teams.  He's also had arguably the worst coaching in the league during the bulk of his tenure.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Perhaps.  But when healthy he's pretty much matched or bettered MacKinnon's stats on an draft year/age based comparison on typically significantly worse teams.  He's also had arguably the worst coaching in the league during the bulk of his tenure.

From a statistical point of view, yes, I agree entirely. I’m referring to the way they play the game. And yeah, Eichel has done ok in spite of the coaches he’s had; a testament to his talent.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Apparently he’s going to be 30-40% better. This might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

That doesn't make sense at all.  30 to 40 percent better than what? BEtter than he is NOW?  how good is he now?   30 to 40 percent better than when he was fully healthy?  What, did they insert some bionic parts so he will be part superhuman cyborg now?   

I'd expect more from Shannon, but this seems like a fluff tweet that does nothing but sound silly with its point to be to pump up expectations by Jack..and even then I don't get it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

That doesn't make sense at all.  30 to 40 percent better than what? BEtter than he is NOW?  how good is he now?   30 to 40 percent better than when he was fully healthy?  What, did they insert some bionic parts so he will be part superhuman cyborg now?   

I'd expect more from Shannon, but this seems like a fluff tweet that does nothing but sound silly with its point to be to pump up expectations by Jack..and even then I don't get it.

Of course you are correct.The headline and the actual statement are just gibberish. But i think we can assume that he meant 30-40% better than he has been over the past few seasons when it bothered him.

One of the comments suggested that 30-40% better is referring to his range of motion although the tweet isn't written that way and is confusing.

It was also suggested that would be equal to about 5-7 degrees of motion each way. 

Someone who knows about those things can interpret that if they like. It made more sense than the original tweet to me. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

One of the comments suggested that 30-40% better is referring to his range of motion although the tweet isn't written that way and is confusing.

It was also suggested that would be equal to about 5-7 degrees of motion each way. 

Someone who knows about those things can interpret that if they like. It made more sense than the original tweet to me. 

The Exorcist GIF by filmeditor

• Haha (+1) 5

There is a good possibility Jack was right in his choice of surgery.  It seems a better option than a fusion.  Either way he wanted out. Even if healthy, imagine him on this team this year? OMG the sulking would be at an all time high and we still would be losing. He is going to have a spectacular career now that he is away from the most dysfunction organization in NHL history. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, inkman said:

30-40% better than last season, when he was hurt and kinda bad?  30-40% better than right now, when his is in the middle of rehab from major neck surgery?  Yeah, sure, those would make sense.

This tweet is sort of exemplifies why Twitter is terrible.  It’s both sensationalist and uninformative.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.