How long will Jack Eichel play hockey?

SDS

How long will Jack Eichel play hockey?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Jack Eichel play hockey?

• He will never play again
    • 1-3 years
    • 4-7 years
    • He will have a full career

for the little i know about his condition, I would be concerned that he can't have a long and healthy career.  I'm a big fan of Eichel, hoped that this could work out and that he stayed, I know it won't and I sort of am ok with the trade now because I worry that he won't ever be 100% of be healthy consistent enough to have the great career he was on track for.

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

The point of my statement was to convey which answer I feel is the correct one.

The point of my question was to try to understand what insight you hoped to gain from the poll and why.

You got me Curt! You got me! I can only be grateful I didn't dangle a participle. Now that you're hopped up on your pedantic English wizardry, the only question is how will you parley this sick burn into some Grade A tail tonight at Shooter's... 

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

You got me Curt! You got me! I can only be grateful I didn't dangle a participle. Now that you're hopped up on your pedantic English wizardry, the only question is how will you parley this sick burn into some Grade A tail tonight at Shooter's... 

Pedantic joke, yes.  So.......what insight do you hope to gain from this poll and why?

35 minutes ago, Curt said:

Pedantic joke, yes.  So.......what insight do you hope to gain from this poll and why?

My guess, conjecture implicitly is related to what kind of return would be just in a trade. Personally, I don't feel I can make any kind of rational surmise. Too much is unknown.

Edited by Dr. Who

47 minutes ago, Curt said:

It's an interesting test of the predictive power of the masses as to a question that 99% of the masses have close to zero knowledge -- and even in that scenario, the predictive power of the masses has proven to be surprisingly accurate.

Can we have a 5th - I don't give a flying f@@k  - option? Cause I don't. Long, short, good, bad, whatever, wherever, I just want him gone and this book closed. Yes, he had a lot of talent, but I personally never liked the guy, always thought he was a s@@t person and was a crap leader and I think this team will be better off without him. I don't even care what we trade him for any more, I just want this done and over. 

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Weave said:

OK, I'll bite since the rest of yous are being argumentative.

4-7 years.  He'll have 3-4 instances over the next 4 seasons where he misses time due to the neck injury and after the 3rd, 4th one he won't pass a team physical.

My fact-free guess is actually 3-5, which crosses two choices. It think it plays out like you stated.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Should be noted that the trade is for 4 years of Jack Eichel, and was always only for 4 years of Jack Eichel. Both bottom 2 options cover the duration of his contract 

I asked the question how long he would play in the NHL, regardless of contract or team.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

My comment didn’t offer any opposition to that 

Why would noting that change someone’s answer? What does his contract have anything to do with the the remaining length of his career? 

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Why would noting that change someone’s answer? What does his contract have anything to do with the the remaining length of his career? 

I offered a detail I thought was interesting and reasonably relevant within the thread, on a Saturday afternoon. Is the amount of his contract he’ll finish while fulfilling the terms of your poll not at least a mildly interesting side note in this thread? 

Sharpen your point, indeed 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I offered a detail I thought was interesting and reasonably relevant within the thread, on a Saturday afternoon. Is the amount of his contract he’ll finish while fulfilling the terms of your poll not at least a mildly interesting side note in this thread? 

Sharpen your point, indeed 

I will concede that has gone over my head. Carry-on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.