GDT: Buffalo vs Vancouver 10/19/21 7 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

The guys that left or are leaving never smiled like that.  Not in many moons, anyway.

And that was a vintage Skinner goal for the GWG.  Wouldn’t that be something if Donnie got him back in the saddle.  

Considering what the last coach thought of him? Maybe it should be more expected...

His scoring pace picked up last year, too, when Granato took over.

44 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nice win...relentless...pressure...turnovers...

But we know it didn't count because Vancouver is one of the worst teams in the NHL(common theme...every opponent the Sabres beat are apparently the worst team in the NHL according to posters)

Say what they will.  But we get 2 points for every win just like they got for beating us!

• Like (+1) 1

Slow start but after that they were simply the better team on the ice. Was far from the most entertaining or exciting game I've seen this year and I'm sure you can argue the Canucks were bad, but there were some nice goals, some good team play, coordinated passing, and effort. Yes, it can all crash down when teams take notice or when we play the good ones, but this is better than expected regardless. 

Biggest surprising positives so far. Obviously Thompson at center, who saw that coming???  Also Hagg has been surprisingly decent. Philly gave up on him and tossed him into the deal and supposedly he was a bad unreliable D man but so far better than Montour or some of the other stiffs that have come through here recently. Stable and solid so far and a reasonable replacement for McCabe. See if it continues. 

One negative, I thought Miller was horrible tonight. A better team might have made us pay for some of his bad gaffs. Has to be better, 

58 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nice win...relentless...pressure...turnovers...

But we know it didn't count because Vancouver is one of the worst teams in the NHL(common theme...every opponent the Sabres beat are apparently the worst team in the NHL according to posters)

But wait! We are supposed to be the worst team! 

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The guys that left or are leaving never smiled like that.  Not in many moons, anyway.

And that was a vintage Skinner goal for the GWG.  Wouldn’t that be something if Donnie got him back in the saddle.  

So much for the old "core"  --- See ya

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The MVP in this game was Anderson. When you have good NHL caliber of goaltending its transformative. 

The Sabres have played three games and nine periods. I can not recall one period in these games in which I can say the team didn't play hard. 

The style of play is fast, tight play and north/south play. In these three games there were few times in which they were bottled in their zone. 

I'm happy for Skinner scoring a goal. But more importantly he is playing responsibly and with grit. There is no more loose and floating play. Coaching makes a difference!

Skinner needs a coach that lets him play his game, and keeps him accountable.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Slow start but after that they were simply the better team on the ice. Was far from the most entertaining or exciting game I've seen this year and I'm sure you can argue the Canucks were bad, but there were some nice goals, some good team play, coordinated passing, and effort. Yes, it can all crash down when teams take notice or when we play the good ones, but this is better than expected regardless. 

Biggest surprising positives so far. Obviously Thompson at center, who saw that coming???  Also Hagg has been surprisingly decent. Philly gave up on him and tossed him into the deal and supposedly he was a bad unreliable D man but so far better than Montour or some of the other stiffs that have come through here recently. Stable and solid so far and a reasonable replacement for McCabe. See if it continues. 

One negative, I thought Miller was horrible tonight. A better team might have made us pay for some of his bad gaffs. Has to be better, 

Lets give KA some love too.  He had to ask for Hagg

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Great comeback and character win.

These guys are playing hard for each other. 

I know it’s only 3 games, but the future is looking good.

UNDEFEATED!!

Bring on the dastardly Bruins and that chump Linus!!

I have no grudge against Ullmark.  He deserved his payday unlike the real chump of chumps Taylor Frickin Hall.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.