Do You Think The Sabres Top Brass Sees This As A “Tank” Season?

bob_sauve28

Does Sabres Top Brass See This As A Tank Season?   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a tank season?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

A long time ago there used to be debates on here about whether Harrington and his ilk were being ***** or "calling it like it is."

I usually thought they were being *****, but in terms of how bad or broken the team was, they certainly weren't wrong.

I can't recall ever reading a Harrington piece with so hopeful a take on the Sabres.

It had to be hard for the reporters covering the Sabres for an extended period of time. How do you give the same critical observations for the such a long period of time and not get jaded? I listened to Hamilton on WGR today and I read the Harrington piece. Although they both believe that this team is going to struggle (what's obvious is obvious) you can see a glimmer of positivity in their outlook. I'm not going to get carried away but at least that is a good sign. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

With Hutton taking a snowman last night, the fact that we didn’t keep him makes me think I might have to change my vote.

Well, we had him last year when we were trying to be good, no? When trying to be bad they ditched him - makes sense 😉

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

With Hutton taking a snowman last night, the fact that we didn’t keep him makes me think I might have to change my vote.

Holy *****!  They left him in for 8 goals against?  And he didn’t skate to the bench, glare at the coach, and demand a trade?

33 minutes ago, Weave said:

Holy *****!  They left him in for 8 goals against?  And he didn’t skate to the bench, glare at the coach, and demand a trade?

I think he'd have to demand he be sent to the minors.  But in all seriousness... 8?  That's like leaving your starting pitcher in for like 15 runs.  He also already probably had no confidence, how much more can you damage it?

Edited by Drag0nDan

If we trade Anderson in the next couple of weeks or days and call up Dell then we will know that we are in a true tank that only Tim Murray could lead.  😏

Otherwise I love the way the team has played and the culture that they are developing.  It's a great story so far and hope it keeps progressing.

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Bump. 

Hmm interesting who does and does not understand what a tank really is. 

What???? Tanking is purposely losing to get better draft picks.

I just watched 3 games where they purposely tried to lose but couldn't even get that right.... the bums!

Jack Black Reaction GIF

Edited by woods-racer
  • Haha (+1) 4

On 10/12/2021 at 2:32 PM, Norcal said:

No. They are doing a traditional rebuild from scratch. Ground up.

They want the guys here to play in all situations and I believe they like what they've seen in practice and feel like they are building team chemistry.

According to reports, the guys genuinely like each other and want to play together.

Players are staying late after practice, working on their games. 

The guys in the room understand that nobody is giving them a chance, let alone any respect.

This has bonded them and they are embracing that challenge head on. 

I think the team passed on players put on waivers because they weren't necessarily guys who "want to be here" (since they were waived and wouldn't have a choice if the Sabres claimed them)

but also because they like what they have and believe they are building an organic connection within the team. 

I'm not expecting immediate results in the win column but I am expecting a team that competes and gives max effort on every shift. 

Plenty of other teams have more skill and sometimes that skill will take over a game. 

For that reason I'd expect there might be a blow out or two early in the season. 

All things considered, when this season comes to a close, the team will have shown improvement and maybe surprised some teams and fans along the way. 

Lets GO Sabres!!!!!!!!

So far this is looking pretty GD prescient.  Well done.

• Like (+1) 3

Also:  I've been plenty critical of Mike Harrington, but that was a pretty good article. 

I found this in particular kinda interesting:

We've heard a lot of talk during training camp from players about getting a "better culture" in the dressing room. A lot of it sure comes off as not-so-veiled comments about Reinhart and Eichel and how they operated like things were never their fault.

So maybe there is something to the "lousy leaders" theory about those 2.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

So far this is looking pretty GD prescient.  Well done.

now the key will be to keep the same culture but keep adding skill.

I have no doubt that the next wave of prospects are going to fit in well... Quinn, JJ, Power and Poltov seem like guys that bring a high level of skill and work hard to improve their game.

I don't know about Rosen, he definitely has the skill.. not sure about the drive...im saying this out of ignorance of the player, He could be from the same mold, I just dont know.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

now the key will be to keep the same culture but keep adding skill.

I have no doubt that the next wave of prospects are going to fit in well... Quinn, JJ, Power and Poltov seem like guys that bring a high level of skill and work hard to improve their game.

I don't know about Rosen, he definitely has the skill.. not sure about the drive...im saying this out of ignorance of the player, He could be from the same mold, I just dont know.

Ive only seen snippits of Rosen, but everything I've read about him indicates he's of the same mold.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So, I don't think we're tanking, not in the least. 

Lets see if good performing goalies survive the season.  It’s still very very early.

IMO if we have decently performing goalies and they stay on the roster, it’s not a tanking season.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.