Do You Think The Sabres Top Brass Sees This As A “Tank” Season?

bob_sauve28

Does Sabres Top Brass See This As A Tank Season?   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a tank season?

• Yes
    • No

15 hours ago, Weave said:

IMO if we have decently performing goalies and they stay on the roster, it’s not a tanking season.

It's actually interesting.... If the two minding the pipes currently have a dip, it may coincide with either UPL or Dell getting on a hot streak.  He's got 4 lottery tickets:  The cagey vet, the (maybe) washed up NHLer, the career AHLer and the prospect.  So far 1 and 3 are doing a decent job, but maybe 2 or 4 will push their way into the NHL roster.

No, I still think it's a tank when you pass on all available decent goalies. I have enjoyed the wins, but this isn't going to continue. We're not nearly as good as some people seem to think we are. 

We won't be at the bottom. That'll be Arizona or maybe Montreal who might steal Wright similar to how Toronto got Matthews but we wont' be anywhere near the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

No, I still think it's a tank when you pass on all available decent goalies. I have enjoyed the wins, but this isn't going to continue. We're not nearly as good as some people seem to think we are. 

We won't be at the bottom. That'll be Arizona or maybe Montreal who might steal Wright similar to how Toronto got Matthews but we wont' be anywhere near the playoffs.  

This is likely, but you do admit that so far they look much better than expected, yes?

And that it's possible that they could be in the middle of the big blob of teams outside, say, the top 10 (i.e. in the middle of the bottom 22)?

And maybe even that you are enjoying the games, which didn't seem possible 2 weeks ago?

#smelltherosesbaby

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This is likely, but you do admit that so far they look much better than expected, yes?

And that it's possible that they could be in the middle of the big blob of teams outside, say, the top 10 (i.e. in the middle of the bottom 22)?

And maybe even that you are enjoying the games, which didn't seem possible 2 weeks ago?

#smelltherosesbaby

Considering the roster, this has to be the mindset.  It’s almost impossible that they will be one of the top teams in the league, but if they be competitive throughout and play entertaining hockey, that has to be more than almost everyone expected.  Even if in the end they are still a bottom 10 team.

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

#smelltherosesbaby

Absolutely. I've said as much in other threads. They have definitely provided some enjoyable moments so far and they are better than expected. A number of players individually are better than expected. There are positive signs for sure, but it's a long climb. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

Trading for picks, AHLers, and broken players.

Gosh...

This just seems familiar somehow, but I can't put my finger on it.

An interesting question I almost brought up, but will now because of your post: Does Adams make this deal if Tuch is healthy? 

I think probably, but maybe not. We did hear a lot about him only wanting futures. 

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

An interesting question I almost brought up, but will now because of your post: Does Adams make this deal if Tuch is healthy? 

I think probably, but maybe not. We did hear a lot about him only wanting futures. 

What? Honestly what? 

34 minutes ago, Thorny said:

His decision was absolutely made easier by Tuch being injured.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I think no, but not because of Adams. I think VGK was more willing to move him because he's injured.  I don't think they are as eager to trade a healthy Tuch.

This team just doesn’t have enough talent. I mean Tage is driving the bus offensively. They are not going to rush the young guys.

I would say development year. They aren’t trying to lose but they aren’t going to do anything for a short term solution. They want to properly develop the young kids a way from the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

This team just doesn’t have enough talent. I mean Tage is driving the bus offensively. They are not going to rush the young guys.

I would say development year. They aren’t trying to lose but they aren’t going to do anything for a short term solution. They want to properly develop the young kids a way from the NHL.

It is also a learning year for our coach.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In what way?

Getting used to the idiosyncrasies of being a head coach.  I remember the late Elijah Pitts talking about it when Marv Levy had surgery and had to miss a few games.

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

My thoughts on this topic are well documented in this thread. What would you have to see at the trade deadline to change your mind? If we git a first for tuch, should we do it. I think so.

Could we get that?

What??? Tuch???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.