Do You Think The Sabres Top Brass Sees This As A “Tank” Season?

bob_sauve28

Does Sabres Top Brass See This As A Tank Season?   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a tank season?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

My thoughts on this topic are well documented in this thread. What would you have to see at the trade deadline to change your mind? If we git a first for tuch, should we do it. I think so.

Could we get that?

Glaring Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Ok.....But why trade him? Are you making some sarcastic point that I am missing?

The same reason you would trade any player, to make the team better.

Do people really think that Tuch is our path to the playoffs, let alone a SC? Jesus. We’re so in awe of merely seeing an actual NHL player on the ice in a Sabres uniform, that we want to abandon what this year is supposed to be about? (develop the young’ns, yet still end up with high draft picks) Dont get me wrong, i like his smile, too, but if trading him can make the team better in the future, they have to do it.

Edited by SwampD

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The same reason you would trade any player, to make the team better.

Do people really think that Tuch is our path to the playoffs, let alone a SC? Jesus. We’re so in awe of merely seeing an actual NHL player on the ice in a Sabres uniform, that we want to abandon what this year is supposed to be about? (develop the young’ns, yet still end up with high draft picks) Dont get me wrong, i like his smile, too, but if trading him can make the team better in the future, they have to do it.

Could you lay out how you see trading him would make the team better in the future?  I’m not getting it.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Could you lay out how you see trading him would make the team better in the future?  I’m not getting it.

If it was for a good prospect and an early pick.

As well as ending lower in the standings with him gone.

Its a tank.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

They are 11-36 in their last 47.  If they weren’t trying to tank then they really pooped the bed.  

Its a tank but its subtle. If they weren’t tanking we’d be on our second coach. Also the goalie debacle.

I like Donnie but Its still unclear to me how losing so much helps develop the kids. Also other teams develop the kids by winning.

Edited by bunomatic

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

If it was for a good prospect and an early pick.

As well as ending lower in the standings with him gone.

Its a tank.

Tuch is a very good player, good top-6 winger, with the type of game that translates well to the playoffs.  He is under contract for 4 more years at a very reasonable salary.  He is only 25.  He has shown leadership qualities and truly wants to be a Sabre.

I honestly think you are trolling.

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

Tuch is a very good player, good top-6 winger, with the type of game that translates well to the playoffs.  He is under contract for 4 more years at a very reasonable salary.  He is only 25.  He has shown leadership qualities and truly wants to be a Sabre.

I honestly think you are trolling.

Dont care what you think im doing. I just asked a question. Id rather keep him if it makes you happy. I prefer keeping good  actual NHL players over futures and have been screaming that for a decade, most loudly last offseason.

While he can fill in as a top 6 winger, not sure he is a starting good top 6 winger on a cusp team.

Edited by SwampD

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dont care what you think im doing. I just asked a question. Id rather keep him if it makes you happy. I prefer keeping good  actual NHL players over futures and have been screaming that for a decade, most loudly last offseason.

While he can fill in as a top 6 winger, not sure he is a starting good top 6 winger on a cusp team.

Ah, ok, I interpreted it as you arguing that he should be traded, which didn’t feel right coming from you, but you are right, you didn’t actually say that, you just asked the questions.

I think that it would be nuts to trade him.

I think he is a top 6 player on an excellent team.

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ah, ok, I interpreted it as you arguing that he should be traded, which didn’t feel right coming from you, but you are right, you didn’t actually say that, you just asked the questions.

I think that it would be nuts to trade him.

I think he is a top 6 player on an excellent team.

Wasnt he on Vegas’ third line?

Tuch isn't going anywhere, we finally have a leader who hits, plays with grit and can score! I'm not giving that up for a 1st, not a chance! He's the type of guy who these young kids can look up to, his style of play and hard working mentality are perfect for what we're looking to do here.

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sam Reinhart is on Panthers 3rd line. Guess he's not that good. 

I need a sarcasm emoji

Good point, and it kinda makes mine for me. You know i love Sam. I just think that the dearth of talent for as long as we’ve witnessed has made most here over-value Tuch.

Edited by SwampD

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Good point, and it kinda makes mine for me. You know i love Sam. I just think that the dearth of talent for as long as we’ve witnessed has made most here over-value Tuch.

... Sam Reinhart in currently sitting 2nd on the Panthers in points. That's the Cup contending Florida Panthers.

Alex Tuch is a top 6 player. 

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My point is lines aren't simply 1-4 anymore, especially on good teams where lines 1-3 might have interchangeable parts. We get to caught up over line numbers and we forgot what having more talent actually means.

I agree. I wish we had Sam and Tuch.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Sure, I'd take 6 more of him....then we would have a critical mass of the type of players we have been needing for a while!  I would be thrilled if we had even half that many "Tuch's" on this team.

You are greedy. If the Sabres added one Tuch- like player I would be thrilled. That one addition could solidify another line. If we added two Tuch-like players I would be in a state of ecstasy. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.