Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

I don't think the Coyotes appreciated the Zegras goal

That’s a real loser mentality.  “You can score goals because you are better than me, so you deserve to get punched.”

I liked the Coyotes player holding back Zegras from addressing it with Beagle at the end.  What do you think he was saying to Zegras?  “It’s not worth it man, Beagle is an idiot.  Let it go”.  Maybe?

• Like (+1) 1

I have no problem with how he scores his goals and if Beagle and the rest of the team don’t like getting shown up, then try playing better defense.

Zegras is what we referred to as a “hot dog” back in the day so I’m not surprised that opponents would seek him out. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Curt said:

That’s a real loser mentality.  “You can score goals because you are better than me, so you deserve to get punched.”

I liked the Coyotes player holding back Zegras from addressing it with Beagle at the end.  What do you think he was saying to Zegras?  “It’s not worth it man, Beagle is an idiot.  Let it go”.  Maybe?

Probably. It's a matter of old school meets new school imo.

Beagle has been around a long time and the game has changed. 

The goal was fun. The laughing openly on the bench was childish. 

Laugh it up in the room afterwards so as not to upset the old grizzly vets who may take offense because that's not how they learned to play the game. 

Either way. The guy prolly said nice goal but don't let Beags clean your clock for it right now. 

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Feels good to let this kind of mentality go

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Probably. It's a matter of old school meets new school imo.

Beagle has been around a long time and the game has changed. 

The goal was fun. The laughing openly on the bench was childish. 

Laugh it up in the room afterwards so as not to upset the old grizzly vets who may take offense because that's not how they learned to play the game. 

Either way. The guy prolly said nice goal but don't let Beags clean your clock for it right now. 

Feels good to let this kind of mentality go

Yes...I kept seeing others assess that the Red Wings, Senators, etc. were further ahead in their rebuilds vs. lowly Buffalo.  I found myself falling for this assessment.  Now that we have a larger body of work to see (March), I feel more like "F*** - it" our rebuild is going just fine!  I need to give  GMKA more credit.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

I have no problem with how he scores his goals and if Beagle and the rest of the team don’t like getting shown up, then try playing better defense.

Zegras is what we referred to as a “hot dog” back in the day so I’m not surprised that opponents would seek him out. 

I can't be sure, but it also looks like he yaps a little on the ice too. As you say, a "hot dog". Stuff like that is going to happen from time to time and you have to be ready as a team to respond to it. Anaheim has just gotten used to Deslauriers being there to fight their battles and now they aren't as protected as they were so they need to shut up and deal with it. 

• Like (+1) 5

Watching the Leafs/Lightning game tonight.  Toronto leading 4-2 in the 2nd.  Matthews with 2G's so far.  Frankly the Leafs outplaying Tampa (in Tampa).  If teams don't play a hard physical game against the Leafs, they may actually surprise some people in the playoffs.  Lightning are trying to match the Leaf's speed and skill, and not looking too good.  Whoever plays Toronto needs to bring a nasty physical game to slow them down.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Watching the Leafs/Lightning game tonight.  Toronto leading 4-2 in the 2nd.  Matthews with 2G's so far.  Frankly the Leafs outplaying Tampa (in Tampa).  If teams don't play a hard physical game against the Leafs, they may actually surprise some people in the playoffs.  Lightning are trying to match the Leaf's speed and skill, and not looking too good.  Whoever plays Toronto needs to bring a nasty physical game to slow them down.

What you describe sounds alot like playoff hockey, where the Leafs go to blow.

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 1