Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Happier than heck myself it wasn’t called, not that John deserves to get the calls like the elite players get, but he was cross-checked in front of the net.  That rule was supposed to be enforced this season and with few exceptions, has not. 

54 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

but he was cross-checked in front of the net.

No he wasn't.  He was boxed out as he attempted to play the puck.  He fell over because of a nudge and his own poor balance because of how we swiped at the puck.  Clearly not a penalty to my eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

No he wasn't.  He was boxed out as he attempted to play the puck.  He fell over because of a nudge and his own poor balance because of how we swiped at the puck.  Clearly not a penalty to my eyes.

Weak on the puck imo

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Weak on the puck imo

He basically overskated the puck but still tried to make a play.  The rebound came out at a bad angle for him to be able to play it.  Not necessarily a bad play by Eichel, just a bad bounce of the puck which meant the Canuck had superior position and took advantage of it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He basically overskated the puck but still tried to make a play.  The rebound came out at a bad angle for him to be able to play it.  Not necessarily a bad play by Eichel, just a bad bounce of the puck which meant the Canuck had superior position and took advantage of it.

All too familiar honestly 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

But he was prevented from getting back into the play directly because of a cross-check. Using your stick to gain leverage has always been a penalty.  A small player like Hughes could never move a frame like that without the illegal play.  The problem is we still allow this occur within the game and rely on refs to determine the severity to make it a penalty vs a no call.  Just not a fan of the league stating they were going to pursue something than walk it back. 

43 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Using your stick to gain leverage has always been a penalty.

I'm just not seeing a crosscheck.  I'm seeing a push by the right arm but not the left.  He's not moving Eichel, Eichel's momentum and poor balance while he reaches back to the puck is doing that.

Eichel's positioning, which at first was good because he was between Hughes and the net, backfires on him when he overskates the puck.  When he reaches back for it, he's put off balance and his own stopping action and the push by Hughes causes him to fall.  That is just a normal hockey play.

Can we talk about how awful Lehner looked on that. Bellyflopped into the pool.

Ben Meyers signs with Colorado.

Shocked that the Wild missed on him.

Minnesota kid, Minnesota high school star, Minnesota college star. Minnesota desperate for cheap talent with salary crunch coming.

I wonder if the Avs told him he can replace Kadri next year in the top 6 to close the deal.

Edited by Flashsabre

3 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

all the leverage was bc the stick. 

All the leverage was because of Jack's momentum.

27 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Vegas fan agrees.

FQArB7fWQAcdX1T.png

Wow, and he seemed to think Buffalo fans were hard on him....!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Can we talk about how awful Lehner looked on that. Bellyflopped into the pool.

Ben Meyers signs with Colorado.

Shocked that the Wild missed on him.

Minnesota kid, Minnesota high school star, Minnesota college star. Minnesota desperate for cheap talent with salary crunch coming.

I wonder if the Avs told him he can replace Kadri next year in the top 6 to close the deal.

If so, I'd sign Kadri in a heart beat to take over for Eakin...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

If so, I'd sign Kadri in a heart beat to take over for Eakin...

I'd be wary of him. Somebody's gonna be paying him for this season's production when it's been a major outlier for him. He's a good top 6 forward, but somebody is going to pay him like he's an 80-90 point guy and history says he's not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1