Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

44 minutes ago, Eleven said:

So just a sword?  And some guy named "Bill" on a football helmet? 

The only reason the Bills name is acceptable to you or anyone else is because of tradition. If that name and that logo was suggested today they would be laughed off the face of the earth.

let’s name a football team after an infamous guy Buffalo Bill Cody who is famous for killing American bison… 🙄

I guess if a team is around long enough people will accept the tablespoons or the lamps as mascots too. 

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

The only reason the Bills name is acceptable to you or anyone else is because of tradition. If that name and that logo was suggested today they would be laughed off the face of the earth.

let’s name a football team after an infamous guy Buffalo Bill Cody who is famous for killing American bison… 🙄

I guess if a team is around long enough people will accept the tablespoons or the lamps as mascots too. 

Oh, believe me, I am in full agreement on this one.  It may be the dumbest name in pro sports when you consider it abstractly.  And it has nothing to do with Cody killing bison--it's just *dumb*.

But because of the two team names, we're left with little choice when it comes to logos.  A Buffalo or a B (representing Buffalo and thereby reflecting the city) is going to be involved.  Note that the Bandits don't have to revert to that.

Edited by Eleven

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Worst ever.  The Buffaslug was an improvement.  (That's how bad it was.)

Not a chance. The slug/comb over was the worst. Bad look, bad colours, just bad. 

The goathead might have been too radical a change from the original for most fans, but the colours worked, and I always thought the red nostrils gave it a sort of blood snort look of fierceness. Perhaps not an accident that the team in that era was a bruising one with tons of grit.

Goathead ate Bears for fun.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not a chance. The slug/comb over was the worst. Bad look, bad colours, just bad. 

The goathead might have been too radical a change from the original for most fans, but the colours worked, and I always thought the red nostrils gave it a sort of blood snort look of fierceness. Perhaps not an accident that the team in that era was a bruising one with tons of grit.

Goathead ate Bears for fun.

I rushed out and bought a Buffaslug jersey as soon as they were available because I'm an idiot. I hated that uniform/logo sofa king much. Thank God it was only around for 4 seasons.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

All eyes on the Nucks v Knights. Huge game. Vancouver can get within two points of Vegas with a win.  It’s a save your season (at least for one night) kind of game for Vancouver. Canucks up 3-2 about halfway through. 

I'll prolly drop in on that one

56 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Not only do I have a BuffaSlug, it's a Stafford!

Oofta. Briere for me. Also bought a Drury road not long after because I can't help myself. 😫

27 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Dallas win, Nashville wins, LA wins. Even if Vegas comes back to win they aren’t making up any ground tonight.

Mother Canuckers take them down 50 seconds into OT.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

Don't think it's sudden. They have been injured for a while iirc. 

Won't be enough 

The A Team 80S GIF

I know there was more to the A TEAM than Mr. T. and George Peppard but really... who the heck are those other guys?