Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

I was wondering about goals to assists ratios and found this story. Skinner at 11 and Rico at 16.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-highest-goal-to-assist-ratios/

Interestingly, every guy in the top 25 is a winger. I usually view the centre as a distribution guy on a line and this kind of confirms my thoughts.

The NHL hands out 2 assists for every goal therefore these ratios should be rare.

I was just looking for ammunition to argue with the Leaf blowers who think Auston Matthews is among the greatest players ever. Great scorer, doesn’t contribute as much in other ways.

10 minutes ago, Norcal said:

To this day I still love the flaming A from the  Atlanta Flames

Dan-Bouchard.jpg

The flames of Atlanta always made sense.  

Calgary did have a great fire too, but not quite to the extent of Atlanta, so them keeping the name kind of makes sense.  Kind of.

The two fires actually happened in the same time frame.

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

The flames of Atlanta always made sence.  

Calgary did have a great fire too, but not quite to the extent of Atlanta, so them keeping the name kind of makes sense.  Kind of.

The two fires actually happened in the same time frame.

Keep the name and all but yeah, the Flames were Atlanta to me.

In a random side note:

Calgarys triple A team is the Stockton Heat, that name fits  considering the temp tops 100° for most of the summer. 

The Dominator makes his feelings known.

"Russian national teams, all Russian clubs and all Russian athletes should be excluded from all competitions in NATO and EU countries. I am very sorry for some Russian athletes who condemn Putin's mad criminal and his Russian aggression in Ukraine. However, I now consider it necessary."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Haha, I wrote that knowing something could give.

They caved him in in the first and he held strong but it prolly tired him out since he played last night. Meh. Still a good story.

And still could be a #2 if not a #1 here.  We get it.  Just giving you a hard time.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

WTF happened in Detroit last night?

All four goalies played.  Nedeljkovic started and finished the game.

Matthews line had 14 points, Marner with 4 goals. 

Detroit scored 4 in the first 5 minutes of the third to make it 7-6.  With all the momentum they gave up a shorty to fall down 8-6. 

I fast forwarded the second period to watch the intermission but watched the entire third as it was so entertaining. 

The Leaves do not have an answer in net.  Unless they can score 10 in multiple playoff games, I doubt they advance very far. 
Jill Wagner Laughing GIF by Hallmark Channel

• Like (+1) 1