Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I won't worry about it much by then if it does happen.

I EXPECT the Sabres to be a much better team then (in 4-5 seaons), Guys like Mitts, Cozens, Dhalin, Quinn, Power, Peterka, all will be entering their prime then. Tage and Tuch will be at the end of it but hopefully still productive.

Eichel at that point will be 30, and  with him having numerous injuries in his career already, likely at the end of the prime of his career. Still a dangerous player? Yep, likely so. But if he signs a 5-7 year contract as a 30 year old for $10-$12 million per year (or more, pending the cap), I view that as something that will hurt the Bruins (Cap wise) more than it will help them.  The Bruins up front look pretty weak a few years out, and their farm system has basically no blue-chippers.

I mostly agree with you but the last time I thought like that about the Bs they ended up with Pastarnak, Marchand started scoring and Chara was suddenly in his prime again. ***** those guys!

7 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Might be time to pay the tab at the Last Chance Saloon for Mr. Sutton… er, Hutton.  

Are the Yotes giving up the dream of 32 already?

No wonders they never pull off achieving their goals.  1st sign of adversity & they crumble.  😉

27 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What’s the over/under on how many of Eichel’s goals will be retweeted on this forum? 😂

my guess is … hmmm … as a VGK … the first 25. Over/under?

Speaking for myself, aside from real highlight reel stuff which I’d post for *any* player in this thread, and with the possible exception of milestones/playoff stuff, I’ve authored the two I felt were important for posterity. The player who used to be the face, and captain of our franchise and far away best player’s first point, and first goal, with his new team after recovering from spinal surgery. 

Godspeed, #41/15/9

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Pfft....my youngest daughter could've buried that one. Good for Jack to get his first G, but who really cares anymore. I mean some dude named Tage has 20 goals already this year. Everyone thought he was a bust after the ROR trade. 

totally agree...they can have him. I really like what both Tuch and Krebs bring, we have a 1st round pick and yes Tage is on fire and most importantly Skinner has shown he is still capable goal scorer... 

6 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Montreal absolutely steamrolling the Laffs right now… 5-0 after two.  I am very much enjoying this so far.  

Literally.  Suzuki blew up Holl behind the Loaf net.  Then about 30 seconds later Muzzin threw himself into Widemon's knee.  (Blew a tire, but the result was bouncing his torso off his knee & his head off the ice.)  The Muzzin thing was a little scary.  Apparently he's just back from a concussion,  probably suffered another.

19 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Pfft....my youngest daughter could've buried that one. Good for Jack to get his first G, but who really cares anymore. I mean some dude named Tage has 20 goals already this year. Everyone thought he was a bust after the ROR trade. 

Was referring more to the excellent zone entry and set up to the man in front, followed by driving to the net front to capitalize for the G. 

Though I’m not saying your children can’t do all the other stuff either 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Literally.  Suzuki blew up Holl behind the Loaf net.  Then about 30 seconds later Muzzin threw himself into Widemon's knee.  (Blew a tire, but the result was bouncing his torso off his knee & his head off the ice.)  The Muzzin thing was a little scary.  Apparently he's just back from a concussion,  probably suffered another.

Think thats bad the leafs just traded futures for Carter Hutton.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Think thats bad the leafs just traded futures for Carter Hutton.

As said in one of the (at least 3) threads that mentioned that trade, being down 5-0 after 2 can put GMs in desperation mode.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

The Muzzin incident was truly scary/unfortunate.  Lost an edge, Wideman wasn’t really looking at him, tried to get out of the way too late… got a sick feeling seeing Muzzin’s head smack off the ice.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sam Reinhart, so hot right now. 

Huberdeau tied for league lead in points. I feel he is somehow still underrated 

And it’s not even new.

7th most productive player in the league over the past 5 seasons and no one ever talks about him.

Statistically, his peers are Panarin, Kane, Ovechkin and Crosby. He gets 1/10th the hype.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=game&dateFrom=2017-08-12&dateTo=2022-02-22&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists&page=0&pageSize=50

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And it’s not even new.

7th most productive player in the league over the past 5 seasons and no one ever talks about him.

Statistically, his peers are Panarin, Kane, Ovechkin and Crosby. He gets 1/10th the hype.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?reportType=game&dateFrom=2017-08-12&dateTo=2022-02-22&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists&page=0&pageSize=50

I think that’s what I’ve liked about Sammy for years … quietly consistently puts up points. Not much flash. A lot of casual hockey watchers don’t notice what he does most games. Under the radar point producers is who I’m drawn to.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think that’s what I’ve liked about Sammy for years … quietly consistently puts up points. Not much flash. A lot of casual hockey watchers don’t notice what he does most games. Under the radar point producers is who I’m drawn to.

While that is true.  It is Huberdeau that is 7th in points over that time, not Reinhart.