Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Shocked 

shocked I tell you 

… and it won’t make a dent in his future actions. Not a one. Scum bag.

Really, the punishment for these types of offenses should double for each repeated offense: 1, 2, 4, 8, etc. People wouldn’t even have to wonder what the next suspension will be. That would quickly put a damper of actions like these. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Shocked 

shocked I tell you 

… and it won’t make a dent in his future actions. Not a one. Scum bag.

I bet his coaches give him an earful for taking himself out of the lineup for 6 games in the heat of the run to the playoffs.  That will make a dent in future actions.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Really, the punishment for these types of offenses should double for each repeated offense: 1, 2, 4, 8, etc. People wouldn’t even have to wonder what the next suspension will be. That would quickly put a damper of actions like these. 

For his 8th suspension, by this count Marchand should be looking at: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64, 128. So he's up to 1.5 seasons.

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Makes sense.  It's HIS fault Price & Weber have been injured and that Kokateniemi & Danault are gone.  😕

Oh, we are straying into Eleven getting angry about firing the coach and not the GM territory here.

38 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I love this idea.

Sam Reinhart currently is at a point per game (44 in 44) and has already outproduced last season in 10 fewer games. If he gets 6 more points he will have outdone the 2019 season which he played 69 games in. His season high for points is 65 in 82 games from 2018/19. 

Jerry Sullivan's tweet from November continues to age like fine grade A milk left inside a hot car for 20 years, then dumped on some nuclear waste, rebottled into an old garbage can where it mixed with the sewage water at the bottom. 

And just for @pi2000he currently has a +18

Edited by LGR4GM
spelling
  • Like (+1) 3

There were a number of posters here, including me, who wanted Tippett to coach the Sabres, or at least be seriously considered.

I'm not saying this news proves that was a dumb idea, but it does kinda argue in favor of Tippett not being the cure to the Sabres' ailments.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

He needed sacrificed as they crowds have been sharping the pitch forks and soaking the torches in kerosene for sometime.

Very goodly typing, my friend.

I can even understand a few of the words, but not all of them and certainly not when you have put them all together like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wonder how the NHLPA feels about a team that's been downsizing its cap and collecting revenue sharing while they're paying off escrow for years... is now moving to a new venue that needs substantial upgrades to be considered NHL-capable but will have a fraction of the revenue-generating capacity of a regular stadium, instead of moving to a robust new market (Houston) with a full-size building. I wonder how the fellow owners feel about the fact that the Coyotes have been collecting their revenue-sharing money and not providing cash for years and years.

Note: There's no plan here for building a new stadium... just an option to extend this agreement.

41 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I wonder how the NHLPA feels about a team that's been downsizing its cap and collecting revenue sharing while they're paying off escrow for years... is now moving to a new venue that needs substantial upgrades to be considered NHL-capable but will have a fraction of the revenue-generating capacity of a regular stadium, instead of moving to a robust new market (Houston) with a full-size building. I wonder how the fellow owners feel about the fact that the Coyotes have been collecting their revenue-sharing money and not providing cash for years and years.

Note: There's no plan here for building a new stadium... just an option to extend this agreement.

There are rumblings that they will be removed from the revenue sharing plan for awhile 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Narrator:  “They were not pleased.  They were not pleased at all.

14 hours ago, nfreeman said:

There were a number of posters here, including me, who wanted Tippett to coach the Sabres, or at least be seriously considered.

I'm not saying this news proves that was a dumb idea, but it does kinda argue in favor of Tippett not being the cure to the Sabres' ailments.

It's not his fault. Edmonton has goaltending almost as bad as ours, a bad D and very little really good depth. Relying on 2 star players and a handful of other okay players to carry a team to the promised land is foolish no matter how good those stars might be, 

So no, Tippett couldn't have fixed the Eichel-Reinhart-Risto Sabres but he'd coach this group of kids we have just fine. 

Everybody here should be happy the bruins seem to be falling apart. 

54 minutes ago, Weave said:

Head first contact, so that may be troublesome for Zads, but I’m not sure how he avoids head contact and still play the body.

Leaf had his head down a little just before contact, which made the head hit first.  Zads could not avoid that and I think that some of that may be taken into consideration.  Zads intent was to hit shoulder to shoulder.  That seems obvious.