Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

When I say “core” I’m referring to the Scheifele/Wheeler/Laine unit that represented their best players/the focal point of their roster, at that time. I’d be shocked if they got that far again with Scheifele and Wheeler being the key guys.

Wheeler is 36 this year so I would agree with you there.

Scheif will never be "key" playing the way he has this year.

I'll bet he's glad the NHL isn't going to the olympics.

• Like (+1) 1

MIN extends Jordan Greenway to a 3x$3M deal. Is he a great player? No. But he's an effective player and has shown progress every season. The points are down this season, but in 185 minutes at 5-on-5 with Foligno and Ek this season -- no goals against. This is why you sign a player in-season. Greenway could have a really good second half and/or playoff and drive his value up by $1-2M/season were he to hit UFA.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

MIN extends Jordan Greenway to a 3x$3M deal. Is he a great player? No. But he's an effective player and has shown progress every season. The points are down this season, but in 185 minutes at 5-on-5 with Foligno and Ek this season -- no goals against. This is why you sign a player in-season. Greenway could have a really good second half and/or playoff and drive his value up by $1-2M/season were he to hit UFA.

Granted he could also crater and end up being a Zach Kassian like signing

3 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Greenway is 4G, 9A, in 33 games.

Marcus Foligno caught my attention.  17G, 10A, for 27Pts in 39 games, $3.1M.  He's having a great year.  Miss having him on the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 3

Am about 30 minutes behind live action, but the Swamp Cats are killing the BJs 4-1 late in the 1st.

Reinhart's line is putting on a clinic & he has 2 goals & could've had a 3rd already.

Levi had better be the real deal.  'Cause, this is kinda painful to watch.

And Laine makes it 4-2 just before the 1st ends.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Am about 30 minutes behind live action, but the Swamp Cats are killing the BJs 4-1 late in the 1st.

Reinhart's line is putting on a clinic & he has 2 goals & could've had a 3rd already.

Don't tell Jerry Sullivan about Reinhart, he'll get all pissy

40 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Imagine the fact that Jason Botterill actually got hired by an NHL team for a front office position after what he did here.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Things Liger wasn't wrong about

Reinhart, will be fine. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

F Reinhart.

He was paired with one of the best centers in hockey and couldn't get it done so who cares what he is doing now that he has a love for hockey. 

I think this is as close as we’re going to get to you taking the L on this one. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Granted he could also crater and end up being a Zach Kassian like signing

Kassian (4x$3.2M) is a poor contract, but that's what comes of playing with McDavid for a bit and still being the toughest player on the team. He had an injury-crushed season last year. However, I'd argue anyone who stays in the league for 11 seasons has really cratered. He just never became the Concept of Kassian.

4 hours ago, Digger said:

Greenway is 4G, 9A, in 33 games.

Marcus Foligno caught my attention.  17G, 10A, for 27Pts in 39 games, $3.1M.  He's having a great year.  Miss having him on the Sabres.

Foligno (3x$3.1M) is excellent this season and has been a heart-and-soul of that Wild team since his arrival. They finally have some scoring talent as well. I imagine they hope Greenway becomes their next Foligno. Foligno would be great in a Sabres uniform.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Things Liger wasn't wrong about

Reinhart, will be fine. 

Reinhart is fine. He was fine before he left Buffalo.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I think this is as close as we’re going to get to you taking the L on this one. 😁

I never said Reinhart wasn't skilled or talented. Never. What I always questioned was his heart, his desire, his leadership and the quit in him. He's a fair weather hockey player imo and it will be interesting to see if that has changed any come playoff time.

Maybe had the Sabres surrounded Eichel and Reinhart with good veteran leadership things would have been different, but making those guys the leadership core was folly. The results speak for themselves. 

and Devon Levi will win the Vezina one day so it won't matter at all. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I never said Reinhart wasn't skilled or talented. Never. What I always questioned was his heart, his desire, his leadership and the quit in him. He's a fair weather hockey player imo and it will be interesting to see if that has changed any come playoff time.

Maybe had the Sabres surrounded Eichel and Reinhart with good veteran leadership things would have been different, but making those guys the leadership core was folly. The results speak for themselves. 

and Devon Levi will win the Vezina one day so it won't matter at all. 

He's excelling on the 3rd line in FLA.   

He couldn't handle the pressure of a top 6 contributor. 

That's the way it is for some players.    

IMO GMKA got fair value for a third line player.

27 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He's excelling on the 3rd line in FLA.   

He couldn't handle the pressure of a top 6 contributor. 

That's the way it is for some players.    

IMO GMKA got fair value for a third line player.

To the tune of Rawhide-

Trollin’ Trollin Trollin

Keep this thread a Goin’

Trollin’ Trollin Trollin

His name is Pi

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1