Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Why do I need to know who “had it first”?  I don’t care.  No one cares other than the self gratifying buttholes who are fanbois.  

That’s just a professional journalism move from McKenzie.  When you publish information that is already public, you cite your sources.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, inkman said:

Why do I need to know who “had it first”?  I don’t care.  No one cares other than the self gratifying buttholes who are fanbois.  

Other journalists and people who like hold journalists accountable do.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

For anyone that thinks the Sabres would ever leave Buffalo. The Yotes can’t even be pried out of Arizona

Well, Bettman won't run things forever.  After that, who knows what the revised policy towards franchise relocations becomes.

Buffalo in the NHL seems a no-brainer.  But since when have the half wits running the league been known to get no-brainer correct?

Edited by Taro T
Friggin' auto correct

10 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Bettman may want to prop that team up until Matthews goes there in a couple of years.

I still can’t believe it will survive. Sinkhole for money.

Another prime example of why teams that are in "non-traditional" markets should avoid building rinks where land is cheap.  (Sunrise FLA being the other prime example.)  The land is cheap for a reason; you can't afford giving the casual fan (which is predominant in non-traditional markets) a ready made excuse to not go.  (It's too long of a drive.  Waaah.)

27 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Bettman may want to prop that team up until Matthews goes there in a couple of years.

I still can’t believe it will survive. Sinkhole for money.

I'm with you on that.

I think Matthews goes home to the desert after the Yotes get two high draft picks over the next couple years and rebuild their roster to accept him. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Toyota Center in Houston is a good NHL capacity arena.  Just sayin'.

And they'll never have scheduling priority over the Rockets there.  

They'd also be playing in a city that's football crazy that couldn't / wouldn't sell out a 65k football stadium during a 7 year playoff run unless the Stillers, Browns, or Pokes were in town.  

Just sayin'.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

You had to be there.

They were what was left of our defence in the Conference finals vs Carolina.

and they all pretty much performed above their skill level (AHL at best) until McKee dropped out with a staph infection in his leg and missed game 7.