Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Either he is negotiating with the panthers - Or Zito and Adams thought it funny screwing with friedman 🙂

I’m pretty sure Adams didn’t tell Friedman anything and I doubt Zito did either.

Given how Adams acted last night, he knew there might be issues with the trade and the fact that it’s out there before it’s approved is not on him.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Well all the good will Adams was building is now gone. Getting a 19 year old prospect and what will be a 20 something first is pretty much trash for a 25goal scoring 60pt winger. Absolute trash and Adams should feel bad.

In my opinion, this is a disastrous level return. Absolutely mind boggling bad.  A 3rd string goalie and a high draft pick?  These type of asset managements is what will keep us picking top five the next two years.  I have no words.

There has to be something more to this ... like Samson said he would not sign long term with any team right now and wants to test the market in a year.

Maybe the return is so little that there is a background deal that Sam will sign with the Sabres long term in a year.  

There as to be something like that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

What a terrible trade.  I believe Levi was a seventh round pick last year and the Panthers will be good next year, meaning the draft pick will be towards the end of the first round.  No prospect or other player that will be slotted in now into the line-up.  F- for this trade (and an A for the Risto trade).

Adams is in over his head and I don't trust him to improve the team in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

A first round pick next year and Levi is absolutely fine with me to say bye to Sam. 

Sabres need picks and they are a lottery team again next year so another first rounder works for me. 

Sam wanted out and he wasn’t gonna sign in Buffalo. See ya Sam. His numbers will show decline next year.

Edited by rickshaw
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.