Pick #1: D Owen Power (University of Michigan)

Hoss

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Obviously not the end of the world, but people Power says reached out to him once the Sabres drafted him: Miller, Okposo, Cozens, Jack Quinn.

WHAT!  Dahlin didn't reach out!  Why, we're going to see a repeat of Eichel - O'Reilly.  Trade them both right ####ing now!  (Now hang up.)  😉

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

These morons are talking about underwear now on the Instigators. 

I knew that they would.

14 hours ago, Curt said:

You think they will ask him what kind of underwear he wears?

Power seems like a great kid.  Mature and humble.  He gives really boring hockey player answers from what I’ve seen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I knew that they would.

Do they do that frequently or something? lol 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm a little pissed at jack for not saying congratulations  I don't care what problems are going on suck it up and be a captain 

I would bet Adams wouldn't want him to, anyways. We've heard of Jack (and Sam) doing this after other drafts. The ship has sailed. 

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Do they do that frequently or something? lol 

Well, after Dahlin was picked number 1, they asked him.  They thought it was a funny question to break the ice and lighten things up, when in reality it was awkward and Dahlin seemed kind of weirded out by it.

They are a couple of dummies, so I figured they might think it was a good idea again, even though it didn’t go well the first time, and yeah, they did.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

The lack of activity in this thread(Rosen has more posts in his thread), indicates a whole lot of “meh” towards the selection.  Just nothing to get excited about for the #1 overall pick.  Not terrible, not great, just okay. 

Truth is nobody knows what he will be in the NHL, so all the debate about him is pointless until he gets here.  Pretty sure Makar wouldn't have gone 4th in 2017 if people knew how good he would become so quickly once he got to the NHL.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

The lack of activity in this thread(Rosen has more posts in his thread), indicates a whole lot of “meh” towards the selection.  Just nothing to get excited about for the #1 overall pick.  Not terrible, not great, just okay. 

Personally, I haven’t really posted in here.  Not because I don’t like Power, but more because there was nothing left to say.  We talked about him so much leading up to the draft.

The other guys drafted we haven’t talked about at all.  It’s just more interesting.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

He was the best talent in this draft.  Some chatter that he was not the concensus #1, but not many thought that Power was not going to be the #1 pick.

This all adds up to a no real surprise at him being selected, so not much to talk about.

Fans love controversy ... the Samson trade = controversy ... Jack mess = controversy

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

He was the best talent in this draft.  Some chatter that he was not the concensus #1, but not many thought that Power was not going to be the #1 pick.

This all adds up to a no real surprise at him being selected, so not much to talk about.

Fans love controversy ... the Samson trade = controversy ... Jack mess = controversy

And I guess, Ryan Johnson= controversy, lol 

• 2 weeks later...

The Sabres have 11 Games scheduled after the Frozen Four Championship in Boston. 

They can offer both Power and Portillo the opportunity to burn a year off of their ELCs and get some games in.

Ideally offering ATOs for the remainder of the season in Rochester with ELCs starting in 2022-23 would be the best case scenario for the Sabres after they complete their college season.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Sabres have 11 Games scheduled after the Frozen Four Championship in Boston. 

They can offer both Power and Portillo the opportunity to burn a year off of their ELCs and get some games in.

Ideally offering ATOs for the remainder of the season in Rochester with ELCs starting in 2022-23 would be the best case scenario for the Sabres after they complete their college season.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give Powers 9 of those 11 games after that so we don't waste a year of his ELC?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.