Pick #1: D Owen Power (University of Michigan)

Hoss

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Playing with John Elway who was arguably one of top 5 QBs in NFL history helped too. Yes, Davis was great but he was a 6th round pick.

Who cares where you were picked? So was Brady lol. Elway was a shell of himself by that time.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You don't have a whole lot going on up on the second floor, there, bud?

Well, obviously you know something I don’t… Educate me, please…

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Does it though?

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

No, goaltending wins championships.

Goaltending is indeed essential but more ephemeral, and easier to find, than franchise defensemen.  Stevens, Niedermayer, Pronger, Doughty, Weber, Keith -- those guys can be huge pillars of top-end teams for a decade.  The Sabres might have two.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Kings are like… shite. guess we can’t get Reinhart now.  Also.. I never use my iPad but I noticed my iPad autocorrected Reinhart to Reinhardt… so perhaps all those who are on here misspelling his name can blame apple?

5 minutes ago, LTS said:

The Kings are like… shite. guess we can’t get Reinhart now.  Also.. I never use my iPad but I noticed my iPad autocorrected Reinhart to Reinhardt… so perhaps all those who are on here misspelling his name can blame apple?

If my phone did that, which it doesn’t, I’d manually correct it. Other people don’t mind coming off like a dolt. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

If my phone did that, which it doesn’t, I’d manually correct it. Other people don’t mind coming off like a dolt. 

Yeah. My iPad did it. I corrected it. But you know.. some people might not bother. Either way.

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The kid wasn't smart enough to put a band-aid over a chin zit.  If he makes a third pairing in the NHL, ok.

He looks like freaking Jonesey but with less attention to hygiene.

OMG that's the kind of criticism you're raising?  Seriously, if you don't like him, fine, but at least cite real reasons.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I think honestly that might be the best thing. He can grow and learn and we might get a really great player in another year.

It's definitely the best thing. Unless he can go to the AHL, which I don't think he can

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.