Borgen is the Seattle expansion pick

LGR4GM

Just now, dudacek said:

I don’t think Beniers is going #2.

I think Seattle is going to take a defenceman, even if the Sabres take Power.

Really going out on a limb there suggesting that Botterill might be shouting in Francis' ear to take a D-man.  😉

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really going out on a limb there suggesting that Botterill might be shouting in Francis' ear to take a D-man.  😉

Francis took Hayden Fleury (over Nylander and Ehlers), Noah Hanifan and Jake Bean. He doesn’t need Botterill’s help. Eklund, Guenther and Beniers don’t seem his type at 2. Hughes, Clarke or Eidvisson would not surprise me at all.

Edited by dudacek

If we do end up with 3OA then surely Eklund/Beniers at 1 makes the most sense. We get to choose which forward we want and Seattle can't afford not to choose a forward surely? Leaving Power to 3.

To be honest even if we don't get the ducks pick eklund or beniers would be my wish.

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Doubt borgen will beat  Oleskiak, giordano, fleury, cholowski, larsson, Dunn, Soucy and Lauzon for a top 6 spot or even reserve.

Unless they trade him, he is coming  back for sure 😛 

He's the kind of guy they could move to a cap-strapped team for cap relief.

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

He's the kind of guy they could move to a cap-strapped team for cap relief.

But would, say, TB give up a 3rd or better for him?  Could see, IF Adams really wants him back, giving up a '22 4th for him.  So they'd have to be willing to give up at least a 3rd along with the cap dump (who would presumably still be useful) to make it worth Seattle's while.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I would trade Montreal or florida's 3rd round pick for him.   Maybe even Boston's second.

But also depends on what comes back in our trades I suppose.

I can already see and hear the next "Beyond Blue and Gold" : 

Kevyn Adams: "We got him? We got Will Borgen?!" 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I would trade Montreal or florida's 3rd round pick for him.   Maybe even Boston's second.

But also depends on what comes back in our trades I suppose.

Wouldn't trade any '21 draft pick for him.  Can't see Francis trying to trade him out this weekend especially if the thought is the most likely suitor is a cash strapped team.

17 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Doubt borgen will beat  Oleskiak, giordano, fleury, cholowski, larsson, Dunn, Soucy and Lauzon for a top 6 spot or even reserve.

I hope you're right, but why would Vegas draft him if they knew there was a very good chance they were losing him? I think girgs may have had a better chance to make the team.

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I hope you're right, but why would Vegas draft him if they knew there was a very good chance they were losing him? I think girgs may have had a better chance to make the team.

I don’t think they waive him. They will just trade him for a draft pick. 

Good luck Will to try to crack that mix.  I have a feeling his stay could be short lived.  Either they won't offer him and he'll go to UFA, or they'll waive him and hopefully we can reclaim him.  He's someone I'd be comfortable with on a bottom pair if we're going for a slow play in rebuilding this team. 

It shows just how bad we are that one of our prospects on the cusp of making our top 6/7 defenseman can’t make an expansion team, and we are hoping to get him back on waivers.  

The dreaming of Borgen is depressing.  

Watch Risto light it up after he is traded.  It’s inevitable.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It shows just how bad we are that one of our prospects on the cusp of making our top 6/7 defenseman can’t make an expansion team, and we are hoping to get him back on waivers.  

Risto is leaving regardless.  Hope the best for him unless he’s in the division, then piss off. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

He can just be the extra skater too.  They might move some of those guys too.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

That’s not right. By definition, the defenseman left available were approximately the fourth or fifth defenseman on each team. If he supposed to be in the cusp of being our number six or number seven, then he should rightfully not make that team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.