Borgen is the Seattle expansion pick

LGR4GM

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wasn't arbitrary. Was based on Dahlin and Samuelsson. 

Right. The pipeline itself is shockingly barren not just "barren" - if we trade Eichel and Reino and don't return NHL Cs, it's a defcon-5 situation with every single egg in the Cozens/Mittelstadt basket. It wouldn't be sufficient even to just draft Eklund (likely W, anyways) with the other top picks/trade returns being of another position. 

They need Cs in the pipeline *with* Jack and Sam here, if we send them out we need to stockpile a few here in the coming weeks. 

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm surprised at CapFriendly jumping to project Borgen without any credible leaks

100 uncredible leaks = 1 credible leak?

• LGR4GM changed the title to Borgen is the Seattle expansion pick
5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Can you explain some more?

If he doesn't make the Kraken, to send him back to the AHL he'll need to clear waivers.  Under the expansion draft rules, we would get first crack at claiming him.

This is a very possible scenario.  There are a ton of good D in this draft and with the Kraken having to take minimum of 9 D, I can easily see them having 7 or more D better then Borgen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

They didn't pick him just to waive him lol

no they took him for depth, a chance to compete for a job, a cheap contract and the best available player from a terrible list of Buffalo crap.  This doesn't mean he'll be good enough to beat out 3 or 4 other guys to make the Kraken come Fall.  

We can always sign Luke Schenn for depth at RHD.  

Well, as I've said previously, losing Borgen will constitute bad asset management unless (i) the return for Risto clearly exceeds Borgen's value or (ii) they reclaim Borgen from waivers.  Both of these are quite possible IMHO, but so is the bad asset management outcome.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, as I've said previously, losing Borgen will constitute bad asset management unless (i) the return for Risto clearly exceeds Borgen's value or (ii) they reclaim Borgen from waivers.  Both of these are quite possible IMHO, but so is the bad asset management outcome.

What was Borgen's trade value?  A 4th rd pick?  Risto will easily return a 2nd and remove a 5.4 mill cap liability.

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If he doesn't make the Kraken, to send him back to the AHL he'll need to clear waivers.  Under the expansion draft rules, we would get first crack at claiming him.

This is a very possible scenario.  There are a ton of good D in this draft and with the Kraken having to take minimum of 9 D, I can easily see them having 7 or more D better then Borgen.  

I would expect them to trade him rather than waive him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I would expect them to trade him rather than waive him

Possible.  And maybe they figure a 3rd or 4th rounder in '22 is more valuable than anything else they could get out of Buffalo.  But right now, there's at least a 50/50 chance that's the most they got from the Sabres.

Heck, could see Adams offering a 4th to get him back & considering how far Buffalo has to climb, Francis deciding that's his best offer.

So, did Adams manage to lose the 4th many here were willing to offer to end up minus Miller who could be useful away from Krueger to actually keep (eventually) Borgen & Miller?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.