Shopping Jack Eichel: Minnesota

dudacek

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Literally no one is outraged except you. No one. I see no outrage here except you over ppl lamenting Rossi

Oh there is certainly a good portion of outrage. Or angst. Or some form of it. It’s why we hear about it constantly.

Edited by Hoss

On 7/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, LGR4GM said:

Uncertainty? Nahhhh

While impressive, and it really is, shorter guys always look better a those type of drill. It tells me nothing about if he will end up a great NHL player or not.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

While impressive, and it really is, shorter guys always look better a those type of drill. It tells me nothing about if he will end up a great NHL player or not.

Is it? I would assume most NHL players could do that. Including defensemen.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Marcell Dionne (5 ft 8 with his skates on) was the greatest at this

On 7/7/2021 at 12:37 PM, LGR4GM said:

That’s nice and all, but the uncertainty doesn’t stem from his skating.

It’s regarding his Covid induced cardiovascular inflammation that caused him to miss a whole season.  That would primarily affect his endurance I would think.

Without knowing more it’s impossible to say if there really is medical uncertainty regarding this though.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m going to throw a log on the Rossi vs Quinn debate.

Let me begin by saying I’m in the Rossi camp.  However this seems to be a case where organizational need won out.

Last offseason we had the following centers in our pipeline: Cozens, Mitts, Asplund and R2 who you could project into roles in the NHL (yes all can play wing), but who were our top scoring wing prospects?  We had none.  Post the draft we had Quinn and JJP.  

Now the center pipeline needs to be refilled. Can you say Beniers or Eklund?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Curt said:

It’s regarding his Covid induced cardiovascular inflammation that caused him to miss a whole season.  That would primarily affect his endurance I would think.

Without knowing more it’s impossible to say if there really is medical uncertainty regarding this though.

Speaking as someone who has still only at about 85% of his cardiovascular endurance from having COVID, I second this.  And I got it in January 2020 before anyone knew what the heck it was.  I was treating it as a flu-bronchitis combination until I heard that it was a new virus.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
extra info

5 hours ago, Curt said:

He would have had multiple Echocardiograms, MUGA Scan, Pulmonary Function Tests and Exercise Tolerance Testing done since His Diagnosis. They should have a good idea of how His Exercise Tolerance will be effected moving forward.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m going to throw a log on the Rossi vs Quinn debate.

Let me begin by saying I’m in the Rossi camp.  However this seems to be a case where organizational need won out.

Last offseason we had the following centers in our pipeline: Cozens, Mitts, Asplund and R2 who you could project into roles in the NHL (yes all can play wing), but who were our top scoring wing prospects?  We had none.  Post the draft we had Quinn and JJP.  

Now the center pipeline needs to be refilled. Can you say Beniers or Eklund?

I think Quinn will be a fine player, the concern I have is the value left on the board. A team that was thinking of trading its Franchise Center last offseason should have realized that Rossi, Lundell, Jarvis or even Perfetti were better choices. 
Had Botterill still been GM, Rossi would be a Sabre. If the present Front Office was in charge for the 2020 Draft one of Rossi, Lundell or Jarvis would be a Sabres Prospect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Reports out of Minnesota indicate Kevin Fiala could be moved due cap issues.

He’s 24 and has averaged a pro-rated 67 points over the past two years.

Sounds like Guerin has been reluctant to put Rossi on the table, but the situation with Kaprizov has ratcheted up the tension. And a 1C is obviously that team’s missing link.

From what we’ve seen and read might be on the table, Im really starting to wonder if an Eichel for Rossi and Fiala based deal might be the best option out there for both sides.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Reports out of Minnesota indicate Kevin Fiala could be moved due cap issues.

He’s 24 and has averaged a pro-rated 67 points over the past two years.

Sounds like Guerin has been reluctant to put Rossi on the table, but the situation with Kaprizov has ratcheted up the tension. And a 1C is obviously that team’s missing link.

From what we’ve seen and read might be on the table, Im really starting to wonder if an Eichel for Rossi and Fiala based deal might be the best option out there for both sides.

If I could get 22oa, Rossi, and Fiala... that might really interest me in an Eichel trade. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/7/2021 at 6:31 PM, Hoss said:

Thankfully prospects and their development are a straight line so we can say things like “Rossi is what Rossi was always going to be.”

Don't make me think about Jack Eichel more than I need to

On 7/9/2021 at 9:19 AM, Brawndo said:

He would have had multiple Echocardiograms, MUGA Scan, Pulmonary Function Tests and Exercise Tolerance Testing done since His Diagnosis. They should have a good idea of how His Exercise Tolerance will be effected moving forward.

I think Quinn will be a fine player, the concern I have is the value left on the board. A team that was thinking of trading its Franchise Center last offseason should have realized that Rossi, Lundell, Jarvis or even Perfetti were better choices. 
Had Botterill still been GM, Rossi would be a Sabre. If the present Front Office was in charge for the 2020 Draft one of Rossi, Lundell or Jarvis would be a Sabres Prospect.

Yep - and last year was loaded with Cs and this year not so much so they kinda went about it backwards

Beniers sticks out for me as that prototypical C but after that I don't see much else for C around where we pick, having said already I think Eklund ends up at wing. I'd still take Eklund 1st, but it would be great if we already had that C prospect in the system. That's why to me there's gotta be one in the Eichel deal 

On 7/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, LGR4GM said:

I pondered this trade so hopefully it passes... 

Jack Eichel and Boston's 2021 2nd rounder 

for

Kevin Fiala, Matt Dumba, Marco Rossi, 11oa, and Calen Addison

I could imagine about 50% of that.   Rossi, Addison, 11OA? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

I could imagine about 50% of that.   Rossi, Addison, 11OA? 

You are probably closer to Adams' mark, myself a huge appeal of the deal was a competitive now player like Fiala 

Would you rather have Fiala or 11OA?

I mean, 94 points in last 114 games? Turning 25? I'd rather get Rossi, Fiala, Addison

Could be the best package we've seen but I'm losing track now 

Fiala - Reinhart - Garland

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Skinner - Cozens - Olofsson

Ruotsalainen - FA 4C - Okposo

Girgensons

...if Rossi is truly healthy he could legitimately be the best prospect available, is at C, projects as a 1, and Addison is a righty.

I would like this deal. 

(Garland was a Risto deal)

When did Minnesota get the 11OA?? I thought they had the 21st and 25th in the draft?? Don't the Blackhawks own 11??

Why would we want another undersized D-man in Addison?? Minnesota is still going to want to dump some salary so Dumba or someone else in that price range is going to have to come back. Rossi-Boldy-Dumba and one of the lower 1sts would be about the best we could get from them. Fiala is a pipe dream I would think but dream on, anything is possible at this juncture.

5 minutes ago, jsb said:

When did Minnesota get the 11OA?? I thought they had the 21st and 25th in the draft?? Don't the Blackhawks own 11??

Why would we want another undersized D-man in Addison?? Minnesota is still going to want to dump some salary so Dumba or someone else in that price range is going to have to come back. Rossi-Boldy-Dumba and one of the lower 1sts would be about the best we could get from them. Fiala is a pipe dream I would think but dream on, anything is possible at this juncture.

Sorry, I don't know why I thought it was 11.

It is picks 22 and 25 that they own. 

On 7/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, LGR4GM said:

I pondered this trade so hopefully it passes... 

Jack Eichel and Boston's 2021 2nd rounder 

for

Kevin Fiala, Matt Dumba, Marco Rossi, 22oa, and Calen Addison

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sorry, I don't know why I thought it was 11.

It is picks 22 and 25 that they own. 

Not to discredit you but Detroit owns Washington's pick at #22, Minnesota has #21. Also are you trying to get us the all midget team with all of those guys being under 6 foot, somebody has to have some size on this team and I'd be shocked, shocked I'm telling you if Fiala and Rossi were in that trade scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.