Shopping Jack Eichel: Minnesota

dudacek

6 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

It needs to be  Rossi. They need a stud C prospect back in an Eichel deal.

I agree on Marco Rossi but I also really like Matt Boldy who would be a great fit on the Sabres.  I know reporters say the price for Eichel needs to drop but remember they don't have a high 1st to offer as part of the package so I would be pushing for both as the blue chip prospects along with other pieces.

4 hours ago, Curt said:

Why is it impossible now?  Or less likely than before the buyouts?

They just opened up a lot of cap space for 2021-22.

The dead caps space is going to kill them if anything the need more players on ELC 

Zero chance they trade for eichel at 10m + dead cap space and a flat cap 

43 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The dead caps space is going to kill them if anything the need more players on ELC 

Zero chance they trade for eichel at 10m + dead cap space and a flat cap 

You do realize those players were both on the cap BEFORE this, right? This is no way deters them from making a trade. It makes it more likely because they have relief this season. They don't get as much relief in the two seasons that follow but beyond that the cap hit is small.

• Like (+1) 2

IF it's true that they're also pursuing Reinhart I'd be interested in what everyone thinks a Samson package would look like?

Maybe something like Matt Boldy, Jordan Greenway and one of their firsts for Samson and the Boston 2nd.

Yea, seriously..Jack and Sam? I wouldn't be shocked if both of the players would love that trade, but I have a real hard time coming up with enough pieces for both. First off, just moving your 1 and 2 center in the same deal is bonkers, but ***** I'll play along.. Both firsts this year, Rossi, Boldy, Zuccarello?/Dumba?/other big cap hit player, ...maybe more draft capital afterwards?..it *has* to be like 5 legit pieces for what semi-becomes the Sedin twins....

What feels more likely to me is one or the other moving to MIN. Who knows tho...i bet we're less than a week away from fireworks.. 

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Eichel. And Reinhart? Be careful not to go too wild on your aspirations, GM Guerin.

The Wild freed up $10M, but lose that space in two seasons. Kaprizov has leverage as an RFA because he can easily go play in the KHL if Minnesota doesn't give him a competitive salary. They should have to pay Fiala about $5.25 or so. They need to sign at minimum one UFA defenseman. The GM says he doesn't have to win a trade. They have a goalie who is .919/.915 the last couple years which is playoff-caliber/starter level on a very team-friendly deal.

This is where the fun begins.

The more I look at Minnesota the more obvious it is that they're not going to include Fiala in the deal. He's a good, young forward for them who should still be relatively cheap and because of their cap situation that's going to be big for them. More realistically, I think they try to get us to take a few smaller cap hits like Cam Talbot and Carson Soucy.

I could see a deal looking something like Talbot, Soucy, Rossi, Greenway and 21 for Eichel, Johnson and a 2nd or 3rd

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The more I look at Minnesota the more obvious it is that they're not going to include Fiala in the deal. He's a good, young forward for them who should still be relatively cheap and because of their cap situation that's going to be big for them. More realistically, I think they try to get us to take a few smaller cap hits like Cam Talbot and Carson Soucy.

I could see a deal looking something like Talbot, Soucy, Rossi, Greenway and 21 for Eichel, Johnson and a 2nd or 3rd

You think the Sabres will add to a deal in the Eichel trade and add a high 2nd and their next defensive prospect? Hard pass.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.