Shopping Jack Eichel: Minnesota

dudacek

If the deal is Talbot (34), Soucy (26), Rossi (20), Greenway (24), and 21st overall pick for Jack Eichel... I might say no. I 100% say ***** no if Ryan Johnson or the 32nd overall pick is added let alone both. 

Also is your plan just to add tall ppl? Feel like that's some strange attempt to overcome Rossi being short.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If the deal is Talbot (34), Soucy (26), Rossi (20), Greenway (24), and 21st overall pick for Jack Eichel... I might say no. I 100% say ***** no if Ryan Johnson or the 32nd overall pick is added let alone both. 

Also is your plan just to add tall ppl? Feel like that's some strange attempt to overcome Rossi being short.

I would need  Boldy to be swapped out for Greenway in first scenario at minimum. 

Johnson and/or 32 are a no go unless more is added on Minnesota’s Part.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No, it actually wouldn't. 

Why not?  Just for fun.  In my mind, they would match up alright.  Or you think that they are too much alike? (Both’s strength is transition) Though Power’s offense is better.

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I would need  Boldy to be swapped out for Greenway in first scenario at minimum. 

Johnson and/or 32 are a no go unless more is added on Minnesota’s Part.

You can keep Soucy and Talbot as far as I'm concerned, why would we need another LD on the team, don't we have enough already especially if they take Power at #1.

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

The more I look at Minnesota the more obvious it is that they're not going to include Fiala in the deal. He's a good, young forward for them who should still be relatively cheap and because of their cap situation that's going to be big for them. More realistically, I think they try to get us to take a few smaller cap hits like Cam Talbot and Carson Soucy.

I could see a deal looking something like Talbot, Soucy, Rossi, Greenway and 21 for Eichel, Johnson and a 2nd or 3rd

Agree - also because KA doesn't want Fiala. 

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why not?  Just for fun.  In my mind, they would match up alright.  Or you think that they are too much alike? (Both’s strength is transition) Though Power’s offense is better.

You would want Johnson's defense partner in college for Power, Brock Faber. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk, he's the best defensive prospect in the system. I would be shocked if he wasn't a 20pt 2nd pairing guy. 

Is he a better defensive prospect than Samuelsson or Bryson? Samuelsson really impressed me with his positioning and instincts. If Risto had his smarts he would be an anchor player for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

Johnson's a lefty also. So you'd have Dahlin, Power, Bryson, Samuelsson & Johnson, how many would you need??

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Yes. 

If it is so then that is an exciting development. We are starting to assemble a good young group with Dahlin, Joki, Samuelsson, Johnson and Bryson.  If he comes out after his hockey season this year will he be ready to join the big club roster or will he need some seasoning in Rochester? 

From Craig Custance

Likelihood of a trade: High

The door wasn’t even completely closed as Suter and Parise exited the Wild and people were quick to boost Minnesota to the top of the Eichel sweepstakes. It makes sense. Minnesota has needed a center forever. They have the young assets it might take to happen. Suddenly there’s cap space. The owner will spend, clearly. “This could be the clearance for them to pick up Eichel,” said one source on Tuesday afternoon shortly after the Minnesota news broke. “They’re one of the few teams to have the resources.”

That said, there’s certainly some trepidation about acquiring Eichel. Yes, he’s a franchise center, but he didn’t have the strongest season; he scored twice in 21 games while struggling to generate offence at five-on-five. The neck injury and the complications surrounding treatment is certainly part of the equation, adding to the concern. One executive said his team is completely out on Eichel in large part because of the risk involved.

“If we made the trade and it doesn’t work out, you never recover,” he said. “The franchise that wants to take that chance, all the power to them. It’s a franchise-killing risk. Or you look like a genius. One or the other.”

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Craig Custance

The door wasn’t even completely closed as Suter and Parise exited the Wild and people were quick to boost Minnesota to the top of the Eichel sweepstakes. It makes sense. Minnesota has needed a center forever. They have the young assets it might take to happen. Suddenly there’s cap space. The owner will spend, clearly. “This could be the clearance for them to pick up Eichel,” said one source on Tuesday afternoon shortly after the Minnesota news broke. “They’re one of the few teams to have the resources.”

That said, there’s certainly some trepidation about acquiring Eichel. Yes, he’s a franchise center, but he didn’t have the strongest season; he scored twice in 21 games while struggling to generate offence at five-on-five. The neck injury and the complications surrounding treatment is certainly part of the equation, adding to the concern. One executive said his team is completely out on Eichel in large part because of the risk involved.

“If we made the trade and it doesn’t work out, you never recover,” he said. “The franchise that wants to take that chance, all the power to them. It’s a franchise-killing risk. Or you look like a genius. One or the other.”

Minnesota’s best prospects do seem like Adams’ type of players.

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Craig Custance

..and almost lead our team in assists for the year despite playing only 21 games. Regardless of whether or not anyone thinks Jack's performance (while injured) last season (18p in 21gp) was a struggle, I don't really get the idea of omitting clearly relevant information in the hopes of boosting the inclusive argument. But anyways that's on Custance.

The Wild would be a good pick for me if Rossi is coming back. If we do get Rossi, do we think it's because it's a little risk for risk?

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Minnesota’s best prospects do seem like Adams’ type of players.

Dunno about Rossi. Unless he was a close 2nd to his Quinn.

Karmanos and co could like him though 

17 minutes ago, jsb said:

You can keep Soucy and Talbot as far as I'm concerned, why would we need another LD on the team, don't we have enough already especially if they take Power at #1.

Soucy has two years left on His Deal, would be an experienced LHD, particularly if McCabe is not re-signing in Buffalo. Power, if He indeed is the pick, is going back to Michigan for a year so it’s really the final year of His Deal the Sabres would need to worry about. 

Talbot who also has two years left, would be the only NHL Goalie on the Roster, starter this year, back up in 2022-23. 

The primary reason for the Sabres acquiring those two would be to assist the Wild with Cap Space for the 2022-23 season. In return the package coming to Buffalo would be higher. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Dunno about Rossi. Unless he was a close 2nd to his Quinn.

Karmanos and co could like him though 

Good point.  Forgot about the draft thing.  But all the stuff about skill with grit, tough skill, all that stuff is definitely Rossi and Boldy.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

Good point.  Forgot about the draft thing.  But all the stuff about skill with grit, tough skill, all that stuff is definitely Rossi and Boldy.

I'd love to get both but I'd rather have Rossi than Boldy. 

I don't think that's a boldy take though. 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

If it is so then that is an exciting development. We are starting to assemble a good young group with Dahlin, Joki, Samuelsson, Johnson and Bryson.  If he comes out after his hockey season this year will he be ready to join the big club roster or will he need some seasoning in Rochester? 

Johnson brings more to the table I think than Samuelsson. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'd love to get both but I'd rather have Rossi than Boldy. 

I don't think that's a boldy take though. 

It’s definitely a boldy take.

Rossi and Boldy are definitely top of the group.  There are a lot of other quality prospects though.  Addison, Kusnutdinov, Beckman, O’Rourke are guys I like a lot.

In my opinion for Eichel MIN would likely need to give us both Rossi and Boldy due to neither of them being considered sure thing 1Cs. Primarily due to neither of their 1sts being all that appealing. From there I would take on some salary. Either Zuccurello at 3x6mil if need be or some combination of lesser cap hits like Rask. I’d be curious if we sent them Tage Thompson in the deal as a side piece due to his contract being handy with their whole 14mil in dead cap in 23-24 and 24-25

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Soucy has two years left on His Deal, would be an experienced LHD, particularly if McCabe is not re-signing in Buffalo. Power, if He indeed is the pick, is going back to Michigan for a year so it’s really the final year of His Deal the Sabres would need to worry about. 

Talbot who also has two years left, would be the only NHL Goalie on the Roster, starter this year, back up in 2022-23. 

The primary reason for the Sabres acquiring those two would be to assist the Wild with Cap Space for the 2022-23 season. In return the package coming to Buffalo would be higher. 

I always respect your opinion but my take is if Adams is trading 3 of his best players/assets for primarily futures they could care less for results next year, it'll be a development year for all the young guys. Taking on salary will be only to get the bare minimum they'll accept and the prime mover for better assets will be on how disabled Jack is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.